Gun Mount Mods on the Versys - Trigger Warning - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and Do-It-Yourself cosmetic modifications

55Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 98 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 02:04 AM Thread Starter

Gun Mount Mods on the Versys - Trigger Warning

Gun mount on Kawasaki Versys
I'm planning on doing a couple different mounting situations with my side arm and my AR-15. So far this is what I've come up with. One handle bar mount and then I'm thinking of mounting this rifle case to the saddle bag mounts that came on my bike if I can figure out a way to make it beyond toyt like a tigah. I'd definitely prefer not to carry the rifle on my back and sometimes I may not want the side arm in my jacket or on my hip.

For you safety nazi's out there yes I know guns are "dangerous"...thanks. Ok so now that we have that covered, Can someone please provide pics of their set up so I can get some ideas or feedback on the accessories. I'd love to see what is out there!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-12-14 at 12.06.58 AM.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	104146   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-12-14 at 12.06.03 AM.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	104154  
bwag1961 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride it like you stole it but also like you wanna be able to ride it to work the next day

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0

Last edited by Joey Rocket Films; 12-21-2016 at 01:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 98 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 07:47 AM

Garage
ATV style hard case for the AR, cross draw chest rig for the handgun.
Joey Rocket Films likes this.

post #3 of 98 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrocks View Post
ATV style hard case for the AR, cross draw chest rig for the handgun.
Thanks for the insight, pics please? Is this what you run?

Ride it like you stole it but also like you wanna be able to ride it to work the next day

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0

post #4 of 98 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 04:21 PM

Garage
Are you scared to die? Might want to give up riding then.

In 300,000 miles of riding, and 55 years on this earth, I have never been in a situation where a gun was needed. Doesn't do you much good if it is not on your person anyway.

I have observed many personalities that carry.
1. Those that you would never know it. They are highly trained so they are never without.
2. Those that are scared. They are a danger to everyone around them.
3. Those who become brave. Thinking that they don't have to avoid the neighborhoods and locations mostknow to avoid.
4. Those that have something to protect. Usually illegal goods.
5. Those preparing for the zombie apocalypse.

Which one are you?

My Versys Travels:

post #5 of 98 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 04:25 PM
RMS

5. Those preparing for the zombie apocalypse
Good One !!!
post #6 of 98 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Are you scared to die? Might want to give up riding then.

In 300,000 miles of riding, and 55 years on this earth, I have never been in a situation where a gun was needed. Doesn't do you much good if it is not on your person anyway.

I have observed many personalities that carry.
1. Those that you would never know it. They are highly trained so they are never without.
2. Those that are scared. They are a danger to everyone around them.
3. Those who become brave. Thinking that they don't have to avoid the neighborhoods and locations mostknow to avoid.
4. Those that have something to protect. Usually illegal goods.
5. Those preparing for the zombie apocalypse.

Which one are you?
lol cool story. Really great stuff! So well thought out man.. I mean bravo 1-5
I am a highly trained fearful brave person looking to protect my illegal goods while prepping for the Zombie apocalypse of course... And I'm not a good person so I guess I'm screwed. Bang bang
turn8a and Stoley like this.

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0
post #7 of 98 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMS View Post
5. Those preparing for the zombie apocalypse
Good One !!!
lol true! The name of my bike is Zombie Apocalypse Bike

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0
post #8 of 98 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 05:11 PM

Garage
Quote:
Which one are you?
the guy asked a question about equipment, your answer was a sermon.

what he does is his business, what you do is yours.

post #9 of 98 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0
post #10 of 98 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 05:33 PM

Garage
Quote:

I was just messing with him because of his bike build. Some people take life to seriously. Didn't you see the wink at the end?

Some people watch to many movies, and others don't know the mathematical odds associated with certain risks.
Joey Rocket Films likes this.

My Versys Travels:

post #11 of 98 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I was just messing with him because of his bike build. Some people take life to seriously. Didn't you see the wink at the end?

Some people watch to many movies, and others don't know the mathematical odds associated with certain risks.
Agreed they do. So it's cool if I say you sound like an anti gun nut as long as I put one of these -> at the end
hehe just teasing man. I expect people to get there panties in a bit of a bunch and express their anti gun opinions anytime I mention it so it's cool. I'm used to it. To each is own. I'll never give reasons to a person for deciding not to carry as to why they should but I'll still protect them if I had to. Arizona's wilderness has some pretty mean creatures that roam the night!
turn8a likes this.

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0
post #12 of 98 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 08:46 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Rocket Films View Post
Quote:

Agreed they do. So it's cool if I say you sound like an anti gun nut as long as I put one of these -> at the end
hehe just teasing man. I expect people to get there panties in a bit of a bunch and express their anti gun opinions anytime I mention it so it's cool. I'm used to it. To each is own. I'll never give reasons to a person for deciding not to carry as to why they should but I'll still protect them if I had to. Arizona's wilderness has some pretty mean creatures that roam the night!
No problem. Where I live in the country, we have the luxury of shooting from our back porch.
One of my son's qualified to participate in one of the statewide target competitions for yourh.
People who carry out of fear do scare the crap out of me. One buddy almost got shot by his wife when he came home early from a Road trip and forgot to call her first. Fortunately, in her fear she froze up.

Carry on.
post #13 of 98 (permalink) Old 12-16-2016, 11:27 AM

Garage
Quote:
No problem. Where I live in the country, we have the luxury of shooting from our back porch.
One of my son's qualified to participate in one of the statewide target competitions for yourh.
People who carry out of fear do scare the crap out of me. One buddy almost got shot by his wife when he came home early from a Road trip and forgot to call her first. Fortunately, in her fear she froze up.

Carry on.
Wow, that's fricken terrifying!

anyways, I like the cross draw setup. That way it is always with you, in case you get separated from the bike.
post #14 of 98 (permalink) Old 12-16-2016, 07:31 PM

1.....is the best reason IMO. Why carry a tire plug kit and air compressor? So that you are prepared just in case you need it.
post #15 of 98 (permalink) Old 12-16-2016, 10:01 PM
Super Moderator

Could be Another "We Got A Winner Thread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
1.....is the best reason IMO. Why carry a tire plug kit and air compressor? So that you are prepared just in case you need it.
Yes I hear you, my best friend in Canada, I will keep the details short, went down the wrong path early in life, had a BSA 650 at 16 years old, was over 6 ft tall, got involved in a , I will call it a motorcycle club. He was in a apartment, one night his brother , who had a key, figured it was better to crash at his older brothers place rather than drive the 30 miles home in blowing snow. Well he entered the apartment around midnight, came face to face with a 12 gauge pump action sawed off shotgun, luckily his older brother recognized him.

So I have never heard of a compressor or tire plugger killing anyone accidentally or on purpose. Need is a loose term, you confront a grizzly, pepper spray may just piss him off, unless you speak grizzly chances are you aren't going to be able to talk your way out of that situation, that is when you NEED something really big and hope your shaking and aim can be coordinated before buddy Grizz takes his shot.
post #16 of 98 (permalink) Old 12-16-2016, 10:54 PM Thread Starter

Lol a tire plug can be a dangerous weapon in the hands of the wrong person... We should ban them or put regulations on them! Tire plug, scissors used by woman during attack in New Orleans East, police say

IMO, Need is not a lose term in situations like these
Fountain Hills woman recovering from javelina attack
onewizard likes this.

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0
post #17 of 98 (permalink) Old 12-16-2016, 10:56 PM Thread Starter

Exactly! Well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it! Haha can you say Triggered!!
onewizard and CaMoTe!!! like this.

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0
post #18 of 98 (permalink) Old 12-17-2016, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator

Yup Another We Have A Winer Thread

Winner Winer, WTF,Cabin fever setting in, need to grab the shovel to get out the back door , so buddy Lab/Husky can do his business , only a foot of snow fell, wait maybe I could use that tire plugger, naw just get the shovel.

Just wondering if we could get enough members involved here to keep this thread going for say 4 / 5 months, or until the snow melts here
post #19 of 98 (permalink) Old 12-17-2016, 08:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
Winner Winer, WTF,Cabin fever setting in, need to grab the shovel to get out the back door , so buddy Lab/Husky can do his business , only a foot of snow fell, wait maybe I could use that tire plugger, naw just get the shovel.

Just wondering if we could get enough members involved here to keep this thread going for say 4 / 5 months, or until the snow melts here
Hahaha ya crazy man. Ugh snow. So happy I don't have to deal with that anymore unless I want to. Haven't shoveled in 4 years. Getting ready to head out in a ride in a bit I feel your cabin fever pain though. Been there for most my life.
onewizard likes this.
post #20 of 98 (permalink) Old 12-17-2016, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator

Latest Ride Ever

My last Ride was November 29, the warmest it has ever been , with no snow. Found one place 150 KM North of me with snow in the ditch, was a high of 14'C that day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
gun, gun holster, gun mount, gun rack, motorcycle gun mount, ram, ram mounts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode