Gun Mount Mods on the Versys - Trigger Warning - Page 3 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and Do-It-Yourself cosmetic modifications

40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-19-2016, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

Anything of Interest/ Moved to How To After

Nothing changes about posting, the same active conversation continues, off topic is suppose to be a little more relaxed, lets say it would take a lot more than what either of you did, to get a 1 day ban, and the same goes for locking the thread.
I too am interested in what comes of this discussion, as I said in the Title, we get pictures and comments, there will be a thread in "How To" Gun how to mount/carry on V
So by me posting what I did, I am kind of asking everyone to reconsider how you post in this thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-19-2016, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
Hey Joey, a better place to look for ideas on gun mounts might be to Google ATV mounts or military gun mounts. My brother uses a quad for hunting and he has a couple of different mounts for different rifles. As for handgun mounts you might also look at handgun holsters for horseback use. Those are the guys who pack guns on open vehicles. In 50+ years of riding I don't recall ever seeing an "open carry" except on the persons body.

Are you interested in these for transportation purposes only? Search, search, search......the answers out there somewhere.

I sometimes get peeved that a question I ask (it may have been stupid) gets some pretty ridiculous answers. It's the internet...........
Great ideas, I'll look into that. Thanks! One fella sent me an image of his V with an ATV style mount towards the rear of his passenger seat in front of his tour pack but I can't remember where the post was. Interested for transportation into the Arizona mountains for target shooting as far as the AR goes and for the sidearm when I'm out in the desert or mountains for easy access and comfort.
Well said. Thanks again for the insight. Cool ideas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride it like you stole it but also like you wanna be able to ride it to work the next day

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0
post #43 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-19-2016, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
Nothing changes about posting, the same active conversation continues, off topic is suppose to be a little more relaxed, lets say it would take a lot more than what either of you did, to get a 1 day ban, and the same goes for locking the thread.
I too am interested in what comes of this discussion, as I said in the Title, we get pictures and comments, there will be a thread in "How To" Gun how to mount/carry on V
So by me posting what I did, I am kind of asking everyone to reconsider how you post in this thread.
If you say so but I still don't believe this post belongs in off topic. The topic is Hand gun/rifle mounted on the V, this has modification written all over it but what ever.

Ride it like you stole it but also like you wanna be able to ride it to work the next day

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0

post #44 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-19-2016, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator

Joey - here's a pic of my '15 carrying my Marlin 39M .22 to go gopher shooting in the next province over (protected from the rain)....

and here's the Marlin - it's a take-down.

Joey Rocket Films likes this.

Ed

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

post #45 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-19-2016, 06:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Joey - here's a pic of my '15 carrying my Marlin 39M .22 to go gopher shooting in the next province over (protected from the rain)....

and here's the Marlin - it's a take-down.

That Marlin is handsome! Yea I've thought about getting the rack for mine and then mounting some sort of case. Thanks for sharing Ed!

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0
post #46 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 11:55 AM

I transported a Rossi M61 .22 pump rifle to Montana last year (on an 05' Kawi 1500 Classic). I used a rifle sheath and just strapped it to the side of the bike. Never had a problem. I just pack my handgun on my person as it's comfortable and concealed (I do have a permit). Other handguns (much larger) would be in one of the lockable cases.
post #47 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I transported a Rossi M61 .22 pump rifle to Montana last year (on an 05' Kawi 1500 Classic). I used a rifle sheath and just strapped it to the side of the bike. Never had a problem. I just pack my handgun on my person as it's comfortable and concealed (I do have a permit). Other handguns (much larger) would be in one of the lockable cases.
Nice, Thanks. I'm thinking of using the right side saddle bag brace somehow for my rifle since I don't ride with my bags for local small rides. The wheels are spinning. I'll figure something out.

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0
post #48 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator

Here's something I 'worked-up' for my KLR, years ago.

Ed

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
..)

post #49 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

I see a gear clamp near the swing arm, is that part of the mounting or is that to contain the case contents?

When you post you should be providing links where you can buy this, I also see the use of a trigger lock on the case
post #50 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 06:12 PM

I had a semi rigid case and had it more angled instead of vertical but the idea is the same. I used bungees to attach it to the bike.
post #51 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

Nice, Thanks for sharing Ed! Thats one big ass case! Is the Marlin in there?

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0
post #52 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 10:08 PM

I thought all KLR case mods were supposed to revolve around milk crates!!
onewizard likes this.
post #53 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I see a gear clamp near the swing arm, is that part of the mounting or is that to contain the case contents?...
Holds the bottom of the KOLPIN GUN CASE to the passenger footpeg area.

Quote:
...When you post you should be providing links where you can buy this, I also see the use of a trigger lock on the case
ANY good gun shop, and, NO - a padlock.

Quote:
I had a semi rigid case and had it more angled instead of vertical but the idea is the same. I used bungees to attach it to the bike.
I wanted something more secure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Rocket Films View Post
Nice, Thanks for sharing Ed! Thats one big ass case! Is the Marlin in there?
Can't remember, but ANYTHING fits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK DOG View Post
I thought all KLR case mods were supposed to revolve around milk crates!!
A "milk crate" is for carrying the .44 Ruger.....

-

Ed

..)

post #54 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator

onewizard likes this.

Ed

..)

post #55 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator

The Open Carry Version, plus room for a 12 pack!
post #56 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 02:28 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
lol love it Ed!!

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0
post #57 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 02:32 AM Thread Starter

It's official, I got my hunting permit today. I'll call you if I need back up Ed!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4828.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	110218  

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0
post #58 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 09:13 AM

As a long time avid hunter, my advise - though I realize you didn't ask for it - is unless you're hunting very small game, and you're accessing your hunting area with your bike - take a fork with you. Steve
post #59 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 11:05 AM

I've been in several of those places and wondered how long would it take me to get a 600 lb elk out. Easier to eat it in place.
post #60 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Ed

..)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
gun, gun holster, gun mount, gun rack, motorcycle gun mount, ram, ram mounts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode