Gun Mount Mods on the Versys - Trigger Warning - Page 2 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and Do-It-Yourself cosmetic modifications

40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-17-2016, 10:54 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Rocket Films View Post
Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it! Haha can you say Triggered!!
The only problem with that statement is finding a place where a line is drawn.

Let's just look at just motorcycle riding as one example.

1. Do you wear CE approved gear head to toe?
a. Airbag vest?
b. Hi Viz?
c. Gore-tex in all the gear?
d. Spare Face shield?

2. Do you have the SPOT tracking system with you all the time?

3. Do you have a spare clutch cable zip tied to the clutch cable?

4. Fully stocked First Aide Kit for any unforseen injury?

5. Redundant forward and rear lighting wired on an independent circuit?

6. Do you carry 'the 10 essentials' as called out in the Boy Scout Handbook?
a. Some type of knife / multi-tool
b. Personal First Aid Kit
c. Extra Clothing
d. Rain Gear
e. Water Bottle
f. Flashlight with spare batteries.
g. Trail food
h. Matches / fire starter
I. Sun protection
j. Map and compass

7. Tire Repair Kit?

8. Tools to perform minor repair?

9. Spare fuses, and electrical repair Kit?

10. Zip Ties and Duct Tape?

11. Do you carry full coverage insurance with medical and uninsured motorist coverage?

12. Do you carry cash as well as a second credit card?

So much more you can add to this list of items that it is better to have and not need.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-17-2016, 11:15 AM

I can say "yes" to about half a dozen of those.

I have never "needed" a gun (or a tire plug kit) because I am by nature a cautious individual. Staying out of places you don't belong and being observant usually does the trick. However, if I get cornered (somehow), I wish to be prepared.

For those of us starting to suffer from cabin fever (we had 8-9" of the fluffy stuff yesterday and the high temp today is supposed to be -2F with a wind chill of -34F) I think we can keep this thread going for a while but there must be something more interesting to talk about.
post #23 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-17-2016, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator

You wanna carry an AR and a pistol on your V...?

Screw THAT - go BIG!

Joey Rocket Films likes this.

Ed

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

post #24 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-17-2016, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post

a. Airbag vest?
b. Hi Viz?
d. Spare Face shield?

c. Extra Clothing
d. Rain Gear
e. Water Bottle
g. Trail food
I. Sun protection
j. Map and compass

7. Tire Repair Kit?

11. Do you carry full coverage insurance with medical and uninsured motorist coverage?

So much more you can add to this list of items that it is better to have and not need.
LMAO how about pics of mounts... No? No pics of mounts cool, there are other threads you can take your cabin fever stress out on hahaha!

Ride it like you stole it but also like you wanna be able to ride it to work the next day

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0
post #25 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-17-2016, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
I can say "yes" to about half a dozen of those.

I have never "needed" a gun (or a tire plug kit) because I am by nature a cautious individual. Staying out of places you don't belong and being observant usually does the trick. However, if I get cornered (somehow), I wish to be prepared.

For those of us starting to suffer from cabin fever (we had 8-9" of the fluffy stuff yesterday and the high temp today is supposed to be -2F with a wind chill of -34F) I think we can keep this thread going for a while but there must be something more interesting to talk about.

Haha yes duffy agreed! I just want to see some setup pics

Ride it like you stole it but also like you wanna be able to ride it to work the next day

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0
post #26 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-17-2016, 11:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
You wanna carry an AR and a pistol on your V...?

Screw THAT - go BIG!

Haha sweet, I've seen that thing around. That will turn a bear into mist!!!

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0
post #27 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-17-2016, 11:14 PM

Garage
Quote:

Let's just look at just motorcycle riding as one example. OK, gee this philosophical stuff is fun on a bike forum.

1. Do you wear CE approved gear head to toe? YES
a. Airbag vest? Don't fit me
b. Hi Viz? YES
c. Gore-tex in all the gear? YES
d. Spare Face shield? Sometimes

2. Do you have the SPOT tracking system with you all the time? Yes

3. Do you have a spare clutch cable zip tied to the clutch cable? Under the seat

4. Fully stocked First Aide Kit for any unforseen injury? YES

5. Redundant forward and rear lighting wired on an independent circuit? Yes, and on a relay

6. Do you carry 'the 10 essentials' as called out in the Boy Scout Handbook? Yes
c. Extra Clothing
d. Rain Gear
e. Water Bottle
g. Trail food
I. Sun protection
j. Map and compass

7. Tire Repair Kit? Yes, complete with all tire tools and compressor

8. Tools to perform minor repair? Full tool kit, enough to dismantle and reassemble the whole damn bike

9. Spare fuses, and electrical repair Kit? Yes, of course

10. Zip Ties and Duct Tape? Always

11. Do you carry full coverage insurance with medical and uninsured motorist coverage? Yes, plus MedJet, and unlimited towing

12. Do you carry cash as well as a second credit card? Big wad of cash and way more than two cards, essential for travel these days

So much more you can add to this list of items that it is better to have and not need. Thanks, but don't bother, you ain't the OP, this isn't your thread.
maybe we can squeeze in a few specific answers to the guys specific question.
Rob9876 and Joey Rocket Films like this.

post #28 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-18-2016, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrocks View Post
maybe we can squeeze in a few specific answers to the guys specific question.
That would make too much sense JD! I'll be alright, I have a couple ideas for set ups.

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0
post #29 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-18-2016, 07:08 PM

Garage
Quote:

Yes - full ATGATT at all times, with CE
Quote:
a. Airbag vest?
Yes - took delivery of a Helite Turtle last week.
Quote:
b. Hi Viz?
Yes
Quote:
Or equivalent
Quote:
d. Spare Face shield?
No - but helmet has face shield and sun visor, and I carry sunglasses
Quote:

Yes - RAM mount on hadle bars and spare batteries
Quote:

Yes
Quote:

Yes - under seat
Quote:

Forward yes, and red reflective tape on panniers on rear
Quote:

Yes, in first aid kit
Quote:
Yes
Quote:
c. Extra Clothing
Yes
Quote:
d. Rain Gear
Yes
Quote:
e. Water Bottle
Multiple and bladder in jacket
Quote:
Yes
Quote:
g. Trail food
Yes - in pockets at all times
Quote:
Yes - waterproof
Quote:
I. Sun protection
Yes and mosquito repellant, both in tank bag
Quote:
j. Map and compass
Yes
Quote:

7. Tire Repair Kit?
Yes and compressor
Quote:

Yes, including 14mm hex for front axle.
Quote:

Yes
Quote:

Yes, including some 50lb / 14" long ones.
Quote:

Yes
Quote:

Yes - second card in jacket liner in case I leave my wallet behind.
Quote:

So the only think missing is a redundant tail light - does anybody have one of those?

I also carry an emergency tent and 'space blanket' sleeping bag in case of breakdown in middle of now where or there is an accident and you need to keep patient warm and dry while rescue comes.

But I still don't want to mount a gun / rifle / handgun on the V.
onewizard and McFiscH like this.

Although I have had Miss Jaffa (Burnt Orange 2007 Versys) for a while, I still have a lot to learn.

"The happiest people donít have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything."
post #30 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-18-2016, 07:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaussie View Post
Yes - full ATGATT at all times, with CE
Yes - took delivery of a Helite Turtle last week.
Yes
Or equivalent
No - but helmet has face shield and sun visor, and I carry sunglasses
Yes - RAM mount on hadle bars and spare batteries
Yes
Yes - under seat
Forward yes, and red reflective tape on panniers on rear
Yes, in first aid kit
Yes
Yes
Yes
Multiple and bladder in jacket
Yes
Yes - in pockets at all times
Yes - waterproof
Yes and mosquito repellant, both in tank bag
Yes
Yes and compressor
Yes, including 14mm hex for front axle.
Yes
Yes, including some 50lb / 14" long ones.
Yes
Yes - second card in jacket liner in case I leave my wallet behind.

So the only think missing is a redundant tail light - does anybody have one of those?

I also carry an emergency tent and 'space blanket' sleeping bag in case of breakdown in middle of now where or there is an accident and you need to keep patient warm and dry while rescue comes.

But I still don't want to mount a gun / rifle / handgun on the V.
This is so cute!!! lol, so in other words thats a no? No pics to show... cool.

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0
post #31 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-18-2016, 08:03 PM

Carrying while riding is a tough one. first, on the rifle, obviously in an enclosed case, off body, not going to be accessing it in a hurry in any event. Now the handgun. that's a sticky wicket. Best place in on - body, but that could be a problem with a sudden get-off, particularly if you land or roll onto it, it would be like carrying a rock on your body. If off body, it will be slower to access should you need it, and you can't get away from your bike or it's worthless to even have it. Personally I'd go with the smallest mass handgun you feel comfortable carrying and keep it on body. somewhere, but you need to pick that place, not guys on a forum.

Of course all this is just guessing on my part.

Steve
post #32 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-18-2016, 10:45 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the guesses Steve. I think you may have misread the question though. Hand gun/Rifle mounted on the V? Pics please.

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0
post #33 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-18-2016, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

Now I'm beginning to understand why people just look these forums instead of joining. Funny stuff

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0
post #34 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-18-2016, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Now I'm beginning to understand why people just look these forums instead of joining. Funny stuff
Yeah, I am too because why would anyone want to deal with a smarta$$ like you? I Can read; I understood that you were asking for pics. But there's another side to this... It's not like there's a 1000 folks riding around with their firearms mounted to their versys and they are all lining up to send you pics. The point of my post was to help you get some ideas for something you're likely going to be having the figure out on your own, and I was offering some points to consider. So maybe it's not that folks here are stupid and can't read, maybe you're just a d*ckhead who thinks the world is here to serve your wants and needs.
twowheeladdict and McFiscH like this.
post #35 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-19-2016, 01:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve in Sunny Fl View Post
Yeah, I am too because why would anyone want to deal with a smarta$$ like you? I Can read; I understood that you were asking for pics. But there's another side to this... It's not like there's a 1000 folks riding around with their firearms mounted to their versys and they are all lining up to send you pics. The point of my post was to help you get some ideas for something you're likely going to be having the figure out on your own, and I was offering some points to consider. So maybe it's not that folks here are stupid and can't read, maybe you're just a d*ckhead who thinks the world is here to serve your wants and needs.
lol triggered much? You're blabbing is cute.. You obviously still don't understand the request. Do you always go around cursing at people on the internet? Learn some manners bud. I do not expect people are here to serve me. I'm a polite person and I said please twice like a gentleman. No other sides Steven, just a request to see if someone has pics of their set up. I'm not here to get fatherly advice from you Steven. Again...with hot headed bad tempered posts like yours with your cursing and name calling I'm starting to realize why forums like this one have more people on as guests and not members signing up.

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0
post #36 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-19-2016, 10:09 AM

Quote:
lol triggered much? You're blabbing is cute.. You obviously still don't understand the request. Do you always go around cursing at people on the internet? Learn some manners bud. I do not expect people are here to serve me. I'm a polite person and I said please twice like a gentleman. No other sides Steven, just a request to see if someone has pics of their set up. I'm not here to get fatherly advice from you Steven. Again...with hot headed bad tempered posts like yours with your cursing and name calling I'm starting to realize why forums like this one have more people on as guests and not members signing up.
As a strong 2A person, I'm going to be very interested in seeing the extensive pics / you tube vids of the excellent systems you develop. You are clearly correct, you are a very polite person. I have much to learn, so I will say less and listen more. Steve (who is not a Steven)
post #37 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-19-2016, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
Quote:
Couple Things, this happened in "We have a winner thread" Some people think it is OK to use Adult language on this forum. There is a edit and delete function available to everyone, read your post if you find it offensive to have received something like this, then edit it Second, you will see this is moved to off topics, no problem with a little friendly , start calling people names/ offensive languge and your one step closer to a 1 Day Ban

Quote:

Couple Things, this happened in "We have a winner thread" Some people think it is OK to use Adult language on this forum. There is a edit and delete function available to everyone, read your post if you find it offensive to have received something like this, then edit it Second, you will see this is moved to off topics, no problem with a little friendly , start calling people names/ offensive languge and your one step closer to a 1 Day Ban

Last I can lock this thread if it keeps up So this is directed to the OP let the And Thank You for viewing these commercial messages Carry On
Well said Wizard. I dont think a ban is in order for the silly comments made. I also dont think the thread should be censored by putting it in the off topic area since it's not off topic. It is a definite modification. Thanks.
post #38 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-19-2016, 11:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
As a strong 2A person, I'm going to be very interested in seeing the extensive pics / you tube vids of the excellent systems you develop. You are clearly correct, you are a very polite person. I have much to learn, so I will say less and listen more. Steve (who is not a Steven)
The setup I end up will not be intricate however I will be sure to contribute pictures and some video so the next person who comes along wondering about the topic will have something to check out. The post did get 18 likes so I'm sure there are some interested and curious people out there. I'll be posting soon

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0
post #39 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-19-2016, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post

Last I can lock this thread if it keeps up So this is directed to the OP let the And Thank You for viewing these commercial messages Carry On
Please reconsider censoring this post to the off topic section. This is clearly not an off topic thread. Just because someone barely stepped over the line shouldn't place this thread somewhere it doesn't belong. This post got 627 views so there is obviously some interest on this forum for this type of modification. Thanks for considering.

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0
post #40 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-19-2016, 12:32 PM

Hey Joey, a better place to look for ideas on gun mounts might be to Google ATV mounts or military gun mounts. My brother uses a quad for hunting and he has a couple of different mounts for different rifles. As for handgun mounts you might also look at handgun holsters for horseback use. Those are the guys who pack guns on open vehicles. In 50+ years of riding I don't recall ever seeing an "open carry" except on the persons body.

Are you interested in these for transportation purposes only? Search, search, search......the answers out there somewhere.

I sometimes get peeved that a question I ask (it may have been stupid) gets some pretty ridiculous answers. It's the internet...........
Joey Rocket Films likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
gun, gun holster, gun mount, gun rack, motorcycle gun mount, ram, ram mounts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode