Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Post Kaoko Throttle Lock Handguard options?

3K views 18 replies 5 participants last post by  fasteddiecopeman 
#1 · (Edited)
Post Kaoko Throttle Lock Handguard options? Problem solved Thanks

Hey people, I own the this throttle lock and I'm curious about fitmint. (Update Problem solved Thanks)

I've tried to search the forums and asked a few question but I haven't gotten anywhere.

Does anyone have feedback on the OEM Kawi guards for my 2011 V ? I'm looking for the most blockage possible within reason.

In the description of this Kaoko Throttle Lock
Kaoko Throttle Lock Cruise Control for Select Kawasaki Motorcycle Models | TwistedThrottle.com

It states that I can use with the OEM Kawasaki Handguards but I like options. Does anyone know if there are any other handguard options for use with the traditional sized Kaoko Throttle lock without doing any modding? The Oem Guards look nice but I also like the bark buster storms

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
#3 ·
Thanks Wizard, I've run into this post before and it brought me to the conclusion that I'm probably going to have to sell the one that I own and buy that little shorty version. The one I have is too long. Thanks again!

#4 ·
Post 4 is a very old post, and it appears the part is different to yours. One thing only you could tell me, is the bar end weight permanently attached to the lock?
I can tell you I have Barkbusters Storms, I feel they are superior to Kawi ones,they also come with various end weights and methods of attachment including hardware.My weights are half the length of yours in the photo.

#10 ·
yea I'm pretty sure it's permanently attached. I heard nothing but good things about those bb's. Thanks

#6 ·
I agree, had that on my 07, on my 2015 it wasn't a option and went with the Go Cruise Aluminum Go Cruise 2 Throttle Device Universal, Auminum | Black - TwistedThrottle.ca and the
Kuryakyn Crampbuster Throttle Control for 7/8in & 1-3/8in, Narrow Design

After looking at the prices, I personally would never use the Kaoko, just for the price, but mainly with the Barkbuster Storms on, it would be difficult to activate .

#16 ·
Oxford Heated Grips

When you are ready let me know, I have a good clutch side photo, but the throttle side is critical, if I was to do it again, I would move the throttle cable a few more degrees counter clockwise.If you are interested I can take some pictures of my install on my 2015. I am in the process of moving the controller.

Reactions: Joey Rocket Films
#17 ·
When you are ready let me know, I have a good clutch side photo, but the throttle side is critical, if I was to do it again, I would move the throttle cable a few more degrees counter clockwise.If you are interested I can take some pictures of my install on my 2015. I am in the process of moving the controller.
That would be awesome Wizard. I have a second gen though, will they relate?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.