Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Two-toning a Gen 1 Versys 650...

3K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  Brate 
#1 ·
A Canadian member, after making his black '07 V into a 'street-fighter', wanted to get rid of the excess bits, rather than throwing them out, and I sent him $100US to cover postage (I'll put some of the 'bits' into FOR SALE for a share of the $100 I paid, sometime).

In the meantime - I was replacing one of my LED 'Bullet-lights' which meant the fairings had to be removed. Once I got the lights finished, and WORKING - I looked at my red V, the black fairings I'd received, then decided to 'match' the Gen 3 paint scheme...(?).

Here's the result - what do you think?

I ALSO have a spare front fender I can spray black, as well as the silver plastic pieces on each side (by the rad and by the rear shock) I could spray TOO....

:yeahsmile:

:interesting:

See less See more
#6 ·
Nice color combo Ed. As you know i sprayed my silver covers black and never looked back. I always thought the silver panels were out of place.

#17 · (Edited)
I thinks the Red and Black looks good from some angles, but not great, and i'm not really sure why... so I understand why you might be going back to the stock color scheme.

I really like my Gen 1 with the Gray and Black two tone scheme, and of course the red shock for some flair.

Not the best angles, but you get the point; this bike is a 2008 that used to be Red.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.