Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

New Headlights - Versys 2016

4K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  chid 
#1 ·
hi guys,

I was thinking to buy and install one of those

2015-2016 Versys 650 1000 H1 HID BiXenon Projector headlight

but maybe someone else has a different one that works for Versys 2016?

Or maybe someone has already those one installed and can share his/her picture so I can see how it looks like in the real life?

#4 · (Edited)
take a look on my thread, toward the end of page 2.

bi-xenon projectors, angel eyes with switchback, LED strips with switchback, demon eyes.
But I did everything by myself, I know the quality of components I installed. (Morimoto)
The angel eyes and LED strips are VERY bright, at night I don't use the angel eyes.
Demon eyes are visible only at night, not very visible if I have the HIDs on..... so it's mostly for show...

oh, and Morimoto angel eyes and LED strips are a lot more expensive... but they look so much better... you cannot see the individual LEDs, it's like a continuous line, think about the first generations of Audi LEDs, and the latest ones.
They look so much better in person, I cannot get a good photo because they are SO bright.

Let me know if you have any question.

chid's new Versys 2015

#6 ·
I'm basically looking for something to change my headlights to operate with two lights (LED, bi-xenon) at the same time. Now when you drive only one light is lightning...

I'm new so I won't build something myself therefore looking for a set which I can install (easy way). Beside this in the country where I'm leaving you need to get certificate of all modifications you did first before you can use them.

I would like to have two lights on all the time when i'm driving and is possible with the LED looking or anything similar. This is the only thing annoying me in this bike... You get very nice, modern looking bike but old light solution (sic)

This set above is expensive but look nice. If you know how I can achieve this with less $ then let me know. Appreciate your help.

#7 ·
chid - i checked your post and the lights are great. This is the look which I'm looking for - much better :)

So you assemble it yourself all together or you bought it and then just installed? Is this the same set I'm quoting in my first post?

#8 ·
Assuming this is about road riding:

We dont need more light to be blinded, especially not flood lighting, we need less, so our eyes can adapt and see.

Just try this, unplug your low beam, and aim your high bean very far. then stay in the dark a couple minutes to adapt (go in some rural area of course).

I'm usually blinded by road signs, so I switch to low beam only when I feel attacked by light...LOL.

Anyway, for the road, resist increasing intensity, only narrow focused depth is worth it, and it's hard to solve that with factory lights.

For the trails, by night, well, that's a completely different case I won't engage into since I'm not that daredevil.

#9 ·
@grnfish

yes, I bought all the components and installed everything by myself. That includes opening the headlight, cutting the mirrors, fitting all the stuff inside the headlight, put it back, install all the wires, switches..etc.
But is totally worth it!
the set is much better quality than the one you have linked, everything is Morimoto.

@dddd

I agree, I don't like more light where is not needed. In the beginning I had a HID bulb in the halogen housing (first gen Versys, you can find the thread) and it was the worst solution. Then I installed the projectors and it's night and day difference.
I attached a photo with the projectors on a reflective road sign; as you see, the light is so precisely adjusted that the top part of the reflective sign does not reflect any light back! there is one problem with the traffic signs at night with projectors, but this is not blinding by the reflected light... is missing the sign because there is no scattered light from projectors!
another advantage of the xenons is the temperature of the light, is close to the day light and is very easy on the eyes.
In the photos there is only one projector working, I got the second ballast, I just need to install it and find time to take some photos at night.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.