Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

which MRA spoiler for Givi screen?

4K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  Thumper 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I have fitted on the 2010 versys the givi high screen D410ST.

I would like to add an MRA extension spoiler, but according to twisted throttle there are quick a bunch of them references to choose from.

could anyone help in knowing which would be the appropriate spoiler reference for this particular windshield (vta3, vta4, vta6, etc)?

it is a long shot but who knows someone has already done this...

rgds

#3 ·
I was able to find a local reseller for MRA. He said that because Givi screen has no pre-drilled holes, basically any mra spoiler extension will fit, so should drill holes appropriate for one of them, seems the curvature will not be much of an issue.
Did not contact twisted has surely I will not be ordering from the US, and seems unfair to ask something knowing you will not order from a certain shop

#7 ·
Just wondering, if you needed the Lip due to buffeting at high speed. I am only 5'8" and was thinking of ordering the Givi, but I also was holding out for some other shields to show up for the 2010 model. If I need the Lip for the Givi (even at my height), I might just stall on buying for a little while and watch to see what works best. The stock screen is ok up to about 70mph for me, and then it just gets annoying after that for any length of time.

#11 ·
I tried the Laminar lip with the tall OEM screen and didn't like it. I too tried the Givi ST screen and found too much turbulence once speed got around 70 mph. The best solution for me was the CalSci (medium) windscreen (I am 5'-8" with 29" inseam on the OEM Gelseat). CalSci has taller windscreens, so you can get one that fits your size. Call and ask them to help you decide on the proper size. Guidelines are also given on their website: http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/Versysprod.html

#17 ·
Yes in fact I am also happy with the givi for the 2010. But then again I still need to clear about 8cm of wind that reach the top of my head, I am 1,80mt high and my seat is also modified (higher)

Calsci might be the ideal, but the sending it to europe makes it a bit unafordable to me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.