T Rex racing crash bars - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and Do-It-Yourself cosmetic modifications

1Likes
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-06-2016, 08:08 PM Thread Starter

T Rex racing crash bars

Got a pair of these off Amazon thought they offered more protection then the SW mo tech crash bars.
Overall they fit in great had to modify it a bit on the left side of my 09 but nothing crazy just had to fix (cut up) the oil filter to get tho clamps to fit behind it. No biggie paid 200 I'll tell you how the work when I crash.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160206_151457_1454810827761.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	79714   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160206_151456_1454810852639.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	79722   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160206_151450_1454810878524.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	79730  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-06-2016, 08:52 PM Thread Starter

I said oil filter but I meant fuel filter
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-07-2016, 07:23 AM

Garage
Can you take a picture of the bottom area under the header pipes? I'm interested in the little skid plate.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeff Reichel Palmer, ALASKA
1 Tim 6:11-12 "FIGHT the GOOD Fight"
There is no inappropriate temperature to ride a motorcycle…just inappropriate layers of protection.
2011 ADVersys
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

92 FATBOY (in rebuild status)

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-07-2016, 10:24 AM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
fuel filter? do you mean the emissions canister? and pic?

yes im a guy. and i have a husband
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-07-2016, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

I put a pic on there! it still has the little plastic covering off I am going to put it back on today but if you want I will get a better pic *siggggghhhhh*** It looks like a fuel filer or something it's on the anatomical left side of the bike
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-07-2016, 12:47 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcollier1390 View Post
I put a pic on there! it still has the little plastic covering off I am going to put it back on today but if you want I will get a better pic *siggggghhhhh*** It looks like a fuel filer or something it's on the anatomical left side of the bike
ya we can get rid of that zip if you like, its just the CA emissions charcoal filter, it does you no good really

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-07-2016, 12:51 PM

Garage
and also i like that cage alot too, i was liking the motech till recent reviews , ill have to save up for a set of these

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-07-2016, 12:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviefox View Post
ya we can get rid of that zip if you like, its just the CA emissions charcoal filter, it does you no good really

Are you serious!!!!! I'll be damned if I have anything California related on my motorcycle! I need it gone I am so ashamed right now! Poor versys. I'll have to drive up to your house sometime and we'll take it off I don't know where to start. Ugggghhhhhh how embarrassing
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-07-2016, 01:08 PM

Garage
Quote:
Are you serious!!!!! I'll be damned if I have anything California related on my motorcycle! I need it gone I am so ashamed right now! Poor versys. I'll have to drive up to your house sometime and we'll take it off I don't know where to start. Ugggghhhhhh how embarrassing
lol, mine was gone when i got my bike but ya
pop that zit =p
evap can removal for CA models

New Vacuum Hose Mod

Fixing the "hard-to-open" gas cap...

Last edited by silviefox; 02-07-2016 at 01:15 PM.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-07-2016, 08:04 PM

hadn't seen that one before - may have to keep it in mind
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016, 01:57 AM

thought those looked pretty good..so I looked them up on Amazon..

http://www.amazon.com/T-Rex-Racing-K...ing+crash+bars

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadams66 View Post

Robot Check

Those are huge! A little more protection? Note on Amazon pics they have sliders on both sides too. Those are mothers from another planet.

I'm glad to see T-Rex support Vs 650's! You get frontal, side, and bottom skid plates too, for off-roaders especially. T-rex seems to be aiming towards value parts which is good for everyone! Other vendors may need to sharpen their pencils on price quotes from now on.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016, 09:13 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadams66 View Post

Robot Check

better
T Rex Racing 2006 2014 Kawasaki Versys Engine Guard Crash Cage Front Bar Spools | eBay

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-12-2016, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

I should back track on my statements I don't mean to say Californian's suck I mean to say their regulations suck. On just about everything . I'm very liberal myself even after serving in the Army infantry but Cali takes it to far. So I mean to say that I am upset they added some stupid tumour to the side of my ride that I now need to remove. @silviefox I'm not sure I know how to fully get it off I am worried that messing with the vacuum lines will mess with my bike.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-12-2016, 02:31 PM

Quote:
I should back track on my statements I don't mean to say Californian's suck I mean to say their regulations suck. On just about everything . I'm very liberal myself even after serving in the Army infantry but Cali takes it to far. So I mean to say that I am upset they added some stupid tumour to the side of my ride that I now need to remove. @silviefox I'm not sure I know how to fully get it off I am worried that messing with the vacuum lines will mess with my bike.
My 2012 runs solid as a rock w/CA emissions the way it was built to run. Even when I move, I'm not going to waste time and money changing it for a negligible benefit. Yeah, except for splitting lanes, good educational values, and moderate weather, I'd like to escape CA too. But my bike runs so sweet, I'm not going to risk screwing up integrated systems from working properly. EFI and exhaust are tuned on a razor blade. Do you feel lucky? it's your dime.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-14-2016, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
...I'm not sure I know how to fully get it off I am worried that messing with the vacuum lines will mess with my bike.
There have been a few threads on removing the "tumour", and how to deal w/ the various lines. I did it to my '09 so as to be able to fill the tank w/ MORE gas (about .4 US gallon).
kohburn likes this.

Ed

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-23-2016, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaJeff View Post
Can you take a picture of the bottom area under the header pipes? I'm interested in the little skid plate.
I honestly haven't put that part on yet man! I will soon in order to make it fit right I have to remove the California doooohickey or else there is too much of a gap. Honestly just by the looks the skid plate is .....well..... disappointingly small I doubt it would protect the bike from anything other then small rocks and dirt.

But the guards are badass man I'll drop that bike without any worries now!
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-23-2016, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
There have been a few threads on removing the "tumour", and how to deal w/ the various lines. I did it to my '09 so as to be able to fill the tank w/ MORE gas (about .4 US gallon).
Amen to that bro I'm going to hit up silviefox to help me remove it he lives pretty close to me I'll let you know how it works out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode