Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Givi PLR450 installation

6K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  MaverickAus 
#1 ·
Well I got my racks now I just need to figure out how to put them on being fairly mechanically inclined I figured I should have no problem figuring it out but the Givi instructions are next to useless and I can't seem to find any information on the search of this fourm. Anybody know of any good tutorials or videos on installing these 450s on a 2014?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#3 ·
I put Givi racks for my Givi Trekker bags and the instructions weren't all that clear..but I did it...the kit came with two pieces that went under the seat and grab handles (shown in pics)...if you didn't receive all of the pieces..call Givi...I had a problem with the racks and they were able to help me out no problem (one of the lower stub mounts fell off somewhere...replacement was 4 bucks for 4...had to "source" the new screw though..95 cents)...

Attachments

#7 ·
Yeah, It doesn't go under the tail light, but rather is a piece which attaches to the grab handles. You do have the piece which connects each side under the rear fender, right?

I have the top case mount bars which I'd be willing to send ya if the price is right! :grin2:

You may just need the side cases, in which case get that PLR450 kit...The installation will be obvious once you have that.

#8 ·
So I called Revzilla to find out what the deal was they were the ones originally told me what to order and yes I do need the 450 kit. I have to give Revzilla credit they gave me it at a pretty good discounted price I can't say enough good about them. So I temporarily have them installed just to see what everything looks like so my next question is what looks better bags slanted forward or backwards?
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire

#18 ·
After ordering the 450 kit from Revzilla I realize the top rack that was on there was a Kawasaki factory accessory even though it was a Givi top case. So I decided to make some spacers at work and make this thing fit anyways, is it perfect? No but the racks come on and off really easy and everything lines up nicely so I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. In hindsight I should've ordered the Givi top rack kit, but forgive me this whole hard case/luggage on a motorcycle concept is new to me. But I know one thing for sure is I can't wait for this winter to be over so I can go out and ride and do some overnight trips:)
Vehicle Auto part Car Automotive exterior Automotive lighting

#19 · (Edited)
I did the same thing, it was my first bike with luggage. You are lucky you can order locally I ordered my gear from Italy (panniers and racks), then found out I had to order the 450KIT, later decided to order the rack. That's how I ended up with a spare 450KIT. And I had to pay for 3 lots of shipping from Italy.
Still only worked out about the same price as the panniers from Kawasaki and if I'd done that I wouldn't be able to have the top box. :grin2:

#20 ·
The bonus part is the ease of removal of the brackets I never realized they were that easy to remove when I ordered them, it was always my concern what if I want to ride without the bags the bike would look funny with these stupid looking to racks on there.

Originally when I realized my dilemma with the missing mounts I was contemplating fabricating up something myself but it was the camlock system that I thought there's no way I could make something that would still use the camlock. So after thinking about it last night (and my slight OCD kicking in ) I think I might just end up cutting these new mounts and re-welding them to the original top rack mount it'll look better in the long run.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.