Rox Risers Installation - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications
Sponsored by: LeoVince USA

2Likes
  • 1 Post By HAWKSHOT99
  • 1 Post By Duffy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-12-2015, 10:46 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Rox Risers Installation

When riding my bike I enjoy standing up on the pegs a decent amount. I have MotoWerks peg lowering blocks and am 6' tall. I have never liked how low the bars are when standing, I feel like I am leaning forward on the bars.

First option was the MotoWerks risers, since I have several other things from them that I am very happy with. However after looking at alot of pics of them installed, I realize they don't really solve my issue. The bars are just extended out straight from the stock riser. So they basically move the bars back to the rider, not really raising them up.

I had a discussion with someone on here I decided to go with a ROX riser instead. It rotates in the stock setup allowing you to adjust the angle to what you want.
Rox Riser

08' Versys
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-12-2015, 10:52 PM

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-12-2015, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

Garage
When riding my bike I enjoy standing up on the pegs a decent amount. I have MotoWerks peg lowering blocks and am 6' tall. I have never liked how low the bars are when standing, I feel like I am leaning forward on the bars.

First option was the MotoWerks risers, since I have several other things from them that I am very happy with. However after looking at alot of pics of them installed, I realize they don't really solve my issue. The bars are just extended out straight from the stock riser. So they basically move the bars back to the rider, not really raising them up.

I had a discussion with someone on here I decided to go with a ROX riser instead. It rotates in the stock setup allowing you to adjust the angle to what you want.
Rox Riser

I chose the silver as I have a 08' and found it online for $61 delivered.

Here are the step by step of the install I just finished.

The parts I recieved.

Use a tiny flathead to remove the plastic plugs

Use a 6mm allen key to remove the bolts securing the stock setup.

Before loosening the bolts, I marked the exact top of the bars in case I was wondering exactly how they were positioned later.

I layed a towel down on the tank to prevent any scratching. When the bars came off, the top of the riser was stuck on tight. A tap with a rubber mallet knocked it off.

I didnt have enough hands to hold the Rox Risers in place as I reinstalled the stock riser. So I just installed the screws by hand keeping them loose, then slipped the Rox in the side later.

For the desired ngle of my bars I would not be able to tighten the top 2 screws when I tightened the bottom 2. So I tightened the top 2 screws while leaving the bottom 2 loose nough to slip the risers in the side, then tightened down the bottoms.

All the screws installed, and tightening them back up.

Here is everything all tight and ready to go.

I did not ride it yet, as I just got home from vacation and need to unpack. But based on my highly technical testing as I stood up on the bike making engine noises in the garage I feel thy are much better(and my head hurt from smacking it on the ceiling as I stood up on the pegs to fast.... ) I will be riding tomorrow morning, and see how I really feel. I am sure I will want to adjust them a bit, to see what I want.

Thanks to fasteddiecopeman for answering my questions on the risers.

08' Versys
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-12-2015, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastoman View Post
I hit the submit button by accident and had to go add the rest.

08' Versys
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-12-2015, 11:12 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWKSHOT99 View Post
I hit the submit button by accident and had to go add the rest.
Just for future reference after you submit you can edit
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-13-2015, 12:53 AM

not exactly rox, but i used to have the sw-motech riser. turns out it threw away my sense of handling and on a few occasions i almost drop the bike when attacking some curves. back to stock i went.

Current : Maroon 2011.
- Fender Extender - Radiator Guard - 19mm Nissin radial master - Nissin 4-pot caliper - SS brake lines - Osram Hyper 65W both low/high beam - LED 30w aux floodlights & 3w DRLs - Rear Hugger - Givi crash guards - Yoshimura TRC Carbon - Dynojet PC5 - Scottoiler - R1 shock with Ohlins 14.2 kg/mm spring - Imitation Givi Windshield - Rear Givi rack with 24ltr Givi top box - Bosch dual tones - Z800 stock mirrors.

Up next :
- Protaper SE ATV Low - PIAA Platinum low
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-13-2015, 02:00 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
US$61 delivered sheeesh!

I only yesterday afternoon ordered a set of the Black faster ones for AU$143 delivered

Where did you get yours?
I still have option to cancel my order as they are not in stock locally!
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-13-2015, 09:26 AM

Garage
Too Tall

I am almost 6'4" and have the same issue with my Versys. I have modified it toward more of and adventure bike and I stand on the pegs when riding the dirt. I feel like I am leaning forward over the controls and windshield. I also have the lowering blocks for the pegs. I wonder if I could add the Rox Risers to the Motorwerk riser and get a bit more height.

Please let me know where you sourced your Rox Risers from?
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-13-2015, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Powersportsparts.net is where I bought the risers from.
When I'm looking to buy a item, I go to the manufacturer website and get the part #. Enter the brand name and part # into google and find some great deals from either small mom and pop shops, or some big wholesalers.
Using this I have gotten these risers for over 1/3 off the $9X.XX retail, and my last helmet I got for $220 from a retail of $350 when it was just released by the manufacturer.
quexpress likes this.

08' Versys
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-13-2015, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage
After a 50 mile ride this morning I think I am happy. Standing up they are awesome! I can now stand straight up with a light pressure on the grips, rather than leaning foward to reach them, and put more weight on them.
Sitting they feel OK...this I think is just being used to them in the stock location for so long.

08' Versys
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-13-2015, 08:52 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyhiking View Post
I am almost 6'4" and have the same issue with my Versys. I have modified it toward more of and adventure bike and I stand on the pegs when riding the dirt. I feel like I am leaning forward over the controls and windshield. I also have the lowering blocks for the pegs. I wonder if I could add the Rox Risers to the Motorwerk riser and get a bit more height.

I have already asked Rox about using them with the Motowerks Anti Vibration Risers.
Their reply was you might have to lengthen the cables if using both risers.

Model Numbers for searching are:
1R-P2SE (Silver)
1R-P2SEK (Black)
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-14-2015, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWKSHOT99 View Post
...Thanks to fasteddiecopeman for answering my questions on the risers.
You are ever so welcome...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyhiking View Post

You can get ROX risers right UP TO 10.5" rise.

http://roxspeedfx.com/products/rox-f...ant=1031395625

Suggest you remove the Motowerk ones (sell them here, in the FOR SALE section), and just add the right height. BTW - footpeg lowering blocks add another 1.3" when you're standing....

-

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 04:58 PM

OK, gentlemen -- I must confess now and to all, I am very clumsy.

So I'm trying to install my new 2" Rox risers. I keep dropping the parts, as I always seem to do now that I have eight screws in my back and it hurts like a b*tch just to bend over.

But the last time I dropped a part (a top piece pictured below), I could hear that it fell on something -- but WHAT?? It didn't fall THROUGH the bike. It LANDED on something. So I grab my trusty flashlight and try to look for it. I poke around with a long screwdriver and my fingers. An hour later, still nothing. I put my old Speedy risers back on, and I figure I'll ride it around the block a little and see if it will fall out. Nothing falls out -- not even when I slam on the brakes.

I can hear the damned thing rattling faintly, but I can't find it! I tried to take off the L side plastics, but even though I removed three allen screws, I couldn't get them off. However, with my luck, I have a sneaking suspicion that it slid under the gas tank.

Suggestions? Thanks!! I'm at the end of my rope (so to speak), and I don't want to lose $80 just because I lost PART of a riser.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rox piece.JPG
Views:	19
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	121058  

2007 H-D Electra Glide (laid it down Oct. 2nd 2016 with almost 95K miles; may she rest in pieces)
Iron Butt Association
LAMA DAMA since 2014
Injuries: 20 broken bones & 14 metal pieces
Old woman riding since 1982

The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A (wo)man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
Mark Twain
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 12:49 PM
Super Moderator

Have you checked in the side-fairings? I can't see any way that it would get UNDER your gas-tank, but it MIGHT be on top of the radiator.

Ed

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
..)

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfla1 View Post
OK, gentlemen -- I must confess now and to all, I am very clumsy.

So I'm trying to install my new 2" Rox risers. I keep dropping the parts, as I always seem to do now that I have eight screws in my back and it hurts like a b*tch just to bend over.

But the last time I dropped a part (a top piece pictured below), I could hear that it fell on something -- but WHAT?? It didn't fall THROUGH the bike. It LANDED on something. So I grab my trusty flashlight and try to look for it. I poke around with a long screwdriver and my fingers. An hour later, still nothing. I put my old Speedy risers back on, and I figure I'll ride it around the block a little and see if it will fall out. Nothing falls out -- not even when I slam on the brakes.

I can hear the damned thing rattling faintly, but I can't find it! I tried to take off the L side plastics, but even though I removed three allen screws, I couldn't get them off. However, with my luck, I have a sneaking suspicion that it slid under the gas tank.

Suggestions? Thanks!! I'm at the end of my rope (so to speak), and I don't want to lose $80 just because I lost PART of a riser.
Check behind the radiator...............I used ROX 3 1/2" risers. Works good for my height (5'9"). I like the fact that I can adjust the rise and pull-back. I did have to re-route the clutch cable behind the triple tree.
chrisfla1 likes this.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 08:56 PM

U called Rox, and all is well! They will be sending me the piece for free :-) Gotta love that!

2007 H-D Electra Glide (laid it down Oct. 2nd 2016 with almost 95K miles; may she rest in pieces)
Iron Butt Association
LAMA DAMA since 2014

The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A (wo)man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
Mark Twain
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 05:29 PM

Got the risers on, finally. They don't seem to be much of an improvement over the Speedy 1 1/2" risers. But I have more options for position changes with these, so time will tell.

Iron Butt Association
LAMA DAMA since 2014

Mark Twain
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfla1 View Post
Got the risers on, finally. They don't seem to be much of an improvement over the Speedy 1 1/2" risers. But I have more options for position changes with these, so time will tell.
"But I have more options for position changes with these, so time will tell."

THAT is the improvement...! NOW you have options of moving your 'bars closer to you, or further away, as well as up to 2" higher.

Ed

..)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode