Yoshi TRC-D two outlet pipe? - Page 3 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications
Sponsored by: LeoVince USA

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-12-2015, 05:18 AM

I put the trc-d on this year. Loud as hell but I love it https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eNKVI2nCctA
Say what you want about it not affecting preformence, my wheelie game increased immediately. maybe because the sound is so raw and powerful I have better control with the throttle. Either way. 10/10 exactly what I wanted, never looked back
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapchat-2656720991063568299_1431425918913.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	63977  

Last edited by JakeTheSnake; 05-12-2015 at 05:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-12-2015, 12:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeTheSnake View Post
I put the trc-d on this year. Loud as hell but I love it https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eNKVI2nCctA
Say what you want about it not affecting preformence, my wheelie game increased immediately. maybe because the sound is so raw and powerful I have better control with the throttle. Either way. 10/10 exactly what I wanted, never looked back
My new TRC-D (SS) showed up on my porch last night. I will put it on tonight.

I am so pumped by this new exhaust, I think I'll ride in the Evil Knievel run on Saturday! http://brewtownrumble.com/?page_id=215 Hoo-Haa!
post #43 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-13-2015, 09:21 AM

Let us know/see(aka video) the step-by-step procedures of your installation. I'm thinking about getting a TRC-D for the looks, sound, and performance increase on my 2012 V.

What high performance air filter do you recommend to replace the stock air filter?

post #44 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-14-2015, 06:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trill View Post
Let us know/see(aka video) the step-by-step procedures of your installation. I'm thinking about getting a TRC-D for the looks, sound, and performance increase on my 2012 V.

What high performance air filter do you recommend to replace the stock air filter?
I installed it the night before last. Sorry, no installation pics. It was pretty simple. Per the UK Versys Forum, I did not need to loosen the header nuts in order to slip the stock muffler off the header. Other than that, I just followed the instructions that came with the muffler. I will post a pic of the completed install soon.

I don't know much about high performance air filters. I've read that K & N air filters are good in general, and I've used one on a previous bike with no problems. I've read mixed reports on our stock air filters on this forum. Some people find that they work great and others find that they start to fall apart sometimes. I don't know if a K & N would require a fuel injection remap or not. Probably not.
post #45 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-14-2015, 08:46 AM Thread Starter

On the weights, mufflers with bolts, nuts, clamps and brackets:

Stock muffler # 2 (2008 V) = 14.4 lbs

Yoshi TRC-D Stainless Steel with carbon end cap and mid-pipe = 5.9 lbs (it only weights 0.1 lbs more than their TRC-D all Carbon muffler and mid pipe).

Weight savings = 8.5 lbs [or a 60% weight savings when compared to stock].
post #46 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-14-2015, 08:57 AM Thread Starter

I can't find a K&N for our V. Here is another brand

https://www.2wheelpartssupply.com/bm...2MARoCGl_w_wcB
post #47 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-14-2015, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trialsguy View Post
I can't find a K&N for our V. Here is another brand

https://www.2wheelpartssupply.com/bm...2MARoCGl_w_wcB

The only two brands for the 650
Versys that I know of is Bikemaster
and BMC. I installed one on my friends 2012 couple weeks ago and it was a pain in the butt. You are required to attach foam to the front, back, and all the way around the bottom. The sticky tape that was supplied would not stick so I had to go to Home Depot and get contact cement . Once it dried overnight the foam stuck well and was installed. It's a lot of trouble to remove the tank and replace the air filter and in my personal opinion it's not any better than stock. But my friends happy so that's okay. I also put a KN filter on his ninja 650 which turned out to be easier.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #48 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-14-2015, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by E327 View Post
and BMC. I installed one on my friends 2012 couple weeks ago and it was a pain in the butt. You are required to attach foam to the front, back, and all the way around the bottom. The sticky tape that was supplied would not stick so I had to go to Home Depot and get contact cement . Once it dried overnight the foam stuck well and was installed. It's a lot of trouble to remove the tank and replace the air filter and in my personal opinion it's not any better than stock. But my friends happy so that's okay. I also put a KN filter on his ninja 650 which turned out to be easier.
So, which filter was a pain to install? Bikemaster or BMC?

Thanks.
post #49 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-14-2015, 01:27 PM

Yoshi TRC-D two outlet pipe?

I can't remember exactly but I will say it was red like the BMC that you listed above.

post #50 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-15-2015, 10:32 AM

Quote:
On the weights, mufflers with bolts, nuts, clamps and brackets:

Stock muffler # 2 (2008 V) = 14.4 lbs

Yoshi TRC-D Stainless Steel with carbon end cap and mid-pipe = 5.9 lbs (it only weights 0.1 lbs more than their TRC-D all Carbon muffler and mid pipe).

Weight savings = 8.5 lbs [or a 60% weight savings when compared to stock].
Great info and substantial weight savings.

Please post video of how your Yoshi TRC-D Stainless Steel sounds.

Where did you buy your TRC-D?
post #51 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-15-2015, 01:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trill View Post
Great info and substantial weight savings.

Please post video of how your Yoshi TRC-D Stainless Steel sounds.

Where did you buy your TRC-D?
I bought my Yoshi TRC-D through Amazon Prime, who got it from Riders Discount (in Michigan). $385, free shipping.

I also ordered two air filters, a BMC (about $54 from 2 Wheel Parts Supply, plus a cleaner/oiling kit $20) and an EMCO for $8 from Amazon. I plan to try them both and see which one I like best.

I will post pics and a video (if I can figure out how) soon.

Someone else has a Versys TRC-D video out there on the interweb. Once I heard that one, I placed the order.

Last edited by trialsguy; 05-15-2015 at 02:00 PM.
post #52 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-15-2015, 02:38 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by E327 View Post

I put a BMC on my 09 about 2010 or 2011. Used the foam gasket but it really wasn't needed so took it off. If you want a gasket just get a tube of gasket putty or whatever its called..

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #53 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

I replaced the 7+ year old stock (10 AH) battery (at 9.5 lbs) with Deltran Lithium (10-14 AH equivalent) (at 1.75 lbs), for a 7.75 lb savings!

I have only had time to take a short 20 minute ride with the TRC-D on Saturday. It definitely felt like it had more torque in the 4500-6500 rpm range, but then same as stock in the 6500-9000 rpm range. It was fun to hear the motor. It is a bit on the loud side. I could tell that it would be on the loud side - when I pulled it out of its packaging and looked down and through the open pipe. My helmet wind noise drowns out the exhaust sound at 65 mph, at a steady speed on level ground.

As luck would have it, when I went on my 20 minute ride, I was about 3 blocks into my ride with my new "race track only exhaust", when I rode past the County Sheriff who was sitting in his squad car on the side of the road, waiting for scofflaws, on the main two lane highway on the edge of my little town. I just kept my V at the posted 35 mph speed limit there, clicked it up into 6th gear and held a light, steady throttle as I gingerly glided past him. He didn't follow me. Wheewww!

Last edited by trialsguy; 05-18-2015 at 03:22 PM.
post #54 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-21-2015, 08:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
I have only had time to take a short 20 minute ride with the TRC-D on Saturday. It definitely felt like it had more torque in the 4500-6500 rpm range, but then same as stock in the 6500-9000 rpm range. It was fun to hear the motor. ...
Here are pics of my new Yoshi TRC-D...

When I get time this weekend, I will get a sound/video posted. There is a nice 170 degree, 2nd gear, hairpin turn near my house. It would make for a nice sound clip / video to hear this exhaust (downshifting, transition, then throttle up). . . .
post #55 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-21-2015, 08:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Here are pics of my new Yoshi TRC-D...

When I get time this weekend, I will get a sound/video posted. There is a nice 170 degree, 2nd gear, hairpin turn near my house. It would make for a nice sound clip / video to hear this exhaust (downshifting, transition, then throttle up). . . .
Here are the pics...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0203.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	64530   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0206.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	64538   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0210.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	64546   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0212.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	64554   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0217.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	64562  

post #56 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-21-2015, 05:33 PM

Is that a Seat Concepts seat??
post #57 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-21-2015, 06:33 PM

Garage
Nice. But I still prefer the LV underbody.

Enjoy it, though!

Binderline
post #58 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-22-2015, 06:32 AM Thread Starter

Yes, it's a Seat Concepts seat. I normally use my Corbin seat, but this one is 3.5 lbs lighter, so I thought I would give it another try. The SC feels higher, firmer, flatter, and more squared off at the edges. It feels very different when hanging off in the turns. I'm not used to it yet.
post #59 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-26-2015, 10:38 PM

I have the Yosh TRC-D carbon fiber on my 2010 Versys and love the look and especially the sound.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image_1432697889298.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	64865  
post #60 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-26-2015, 11:12 PM

Just did a solo trip from Chiang Mai to Bangkok. I have the hyper pro street box suspension set for my weight 230 lbs., trax top case, SW mo tech daypack tank bag. About 40 lbs. of gear. Also motech engine and exhaust guards which add some weight also. Supersprox front and rear sprockets. Givi windscreen and bark busters hand guards
Had a great ride through the twisties and almost to Bangkok when I got into heavy traffic....managed to hit 180 km/h or 111 mph on some nice straight stretches. Hoping for a little more top speed but great acceleration. First time on the bike for a 375 mile ride! Love it!!
Cheers everyone!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image_1432699904441.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	64873  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode