Neat little voltmeter (review) - Page 3 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications
Sponsored by: LeoVince USA

18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-19-2013, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connito View Post
It doesn't seem to be working for me. I see where it says "Ebay link", but it's not clickable.
Try this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12v-LED-Batt...E:L:OU:US:1123
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-19-2013, 10:27 AM

Thank you!

That worked fine. I have three coming my way.

Cheers,
Pete

Old enough to know what's right, but young enough not to choose it.
post #43 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-19-2013, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Kirk View Post
Glad your happy with it. Its a little busy for me.

I bought one off Ebay per a member recommendation here who posted a link to his and I love it. It is very inconspicuous on the dash. It is a voltmeter built into the back of a multicolor LED. The circuit board is about the size of my pinky fingernail. Something neat about it is when I first turn the key, it is amber indicating >12.45 volts. After the bike starts and idles up a few seconds, it goes green. This tells me it is actually measuring something instead of just staying green.

It is solid green when the bike is properly charging and it blinks and turns orange and red with different patterns as the voltage drops. Ebay Link.

Im colored blind, that set up wouldnt work for me
silviefox likes this.

post #44 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-19-2013, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connito View Post
Thank you!

That worked fine. I have three coming my way.

Cheers,
Pete
Great! Been thinking about getting one for my car too.
post #45 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-19-2013, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Not a bad idea. I will surely install one on my Versys and one on my Ural. I will have to decide where the third one will go, or just order another one, or two...

Thanks again!
Cheers,
Pete

Old enough to know what's right, but young enough not to choose it.
post #46 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-19-2013, 10:59 AM

Garage
Quote:

I have 3 of these they work great. Just plug in when needed or leave in. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #47 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-19-2013, 12:26 PM

Nice gauges, very compact with only one light on the dash. Say, we do not have one of the gauges and our battery does go dead.

Can we push start these bikes???

Larry
post #48 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-19-2013, 12:35 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by northsouth View Post
Nice gauges, very compact with only one light on the dash. Say, we do not have one of the gauges and our battery does go dead.

Larry

Never tried push starting but i've used these a couple of times.. http://www.powerlet.com/product/real...per-cables/410

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #49 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-20-2013, 10:47 AM

Good Thread!
Just when I think I'm done...
I was interested in the volt meter, but the Sparkbright light seems like a great fit for the Versys. A note on drilling the dash; a step-drill bit is perfect for this-
http://www.harborfreight.com/3-piece...lls-91616.html
post #50 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-20-2013, 06:22 PM

Glad to see many like the mini LED voltmeter. Going digital next.

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #51 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-21-2013, 07:46 AM

I have used a similar LED from Signal Dynamics on my Ninja and Versys. Was going to buy one for the WR, but this looks nice too. The signal dynamics one is a smaller LED, but you have to find a place for the control box (not really a problem on the Ninja or Versys, but might be on the WR).

http://signaldynamics.com/index.php/...id=44&vmcchk=1

I have found that too many digital numbers to read is distracting. A simple change in color is really all I need.

post #52 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-21-2013, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroz1985 View Post
I have used a similar LED from Signal Dynamics on my Ninja and Versys. Was going to buy one for the WR, but this looks nice too. The signal dynamics one is a smaller LED, but you have to find a place for the control box (not really a problem on the Ninja or Versys, but might be on the WR).

http://signaldynamics.com/index.php/...id=44&vmcchk=1

I have found that too many digital numbers to read is distracting. A simple change in color is really all I need.
Sparkbright offers the LED in different sizes too. I opted for the medium size (8mm).

They come in 5mm, 8mm, 10mm. The 5mm has the little PCB inline and does not fit inside the LED housing.
post #53 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-21-2013, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron650 View Post
Good Thread!
Just when I think I'm done...
I was interested in the volt meter, but the Sparkbright light seems like a great fit for the Versys. A note on drilling the dash; a step-drill bit is perfect for this-
http://www.harborfreight.com/3-piece...lls-91616.html
Heads up on the step drill for drilling plastic. Also fitted LED light meter.
post #54 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-22-2013, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northsouth View Post

Larry
Depends on how dead. Still need enough juice to run fuel pump and FI.

The Sparkbrite guy offers a lot of customization he does not show on his eBay page. Like have the light go out after a bit and pop back on if things change. I dislike a lot of dash light when riding at night plus a light coming on is more likely to attract attention. Contact him for the full slate of options.

2009 Kawasaki Versys
SWM Engine Guard; Windscreen de Jour on a MadStad bracket; Motowerk Peg Lowering kit & Stand Big Foot; ProTaper ATV Low bars; Stebel horn; KTM Duals Rear Rack; Coocase 36L topcase...and more to come

post #55 of 97 (permalink) Old 09-12-2016, 09:44 AM
ash

Time to revive this thread...i come form 2 suzuki bikes and i'm paranoid about charging so i would like a voltmeter like the LED one but the ebay link is dead...anywhere else i could find it?
post #56 of 97 (permalink) Old 09-12-2016, 10:14 AM

I am putting one of these where the shift indicator goes on the 2016 V 650 LT

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2016 Orange Versys 650 LT , 2015 CSC RX3, 2011 Ural Gear Up
post #57 of 97 (permalink) Old 09-12-2016, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator

Signal Dynamics Heads Up

https://www.amazon.com/Signal-Dynami...+Monitor+01050

Lots of places to buy this just don't get caught like I did. http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/1221393-post8.html

I have this one on my 2015, as accurate in fact more accurate as it has a dual display, I have a picture of the 2015 in the above link.
I used the Signal Dynamics on my 07, extremely accurate but this China one is waterproof and has like I said a dual display, a tri colour LED in the lower 12 VDC to 14VDC location and upper location has multiple 4 colour leds that come on or go off in sequence depending on voltage in 0.3 VDC increments approx. comes with 3M tape or two miniature studs and nuts.If you search on ebay 1 shows multiple sides and pictures. Best part is it is half the price of Signal Dynamics.

The picture shows a red led between the 12-14, in actual fact it turns green, normal 14.2 VDC will show all leds on up to the three green ones, above 14.2 the yellow starts to flash on, then if there is a increase next on to the right is the red. FYI I purposely pressure washed this several times, since it keeps on running, I am going to accept this as a excellent alternative to the heads up. FYI I had a knock off purchased from Twisted T, cost the same as signal but a POS, only displayed a change from green when it was at 11.5 VDC or lower, by that time I could be 100 KM from home, unfortunately it left a hole larger than Signal Dynamics, so the China one was a great fix, covered the hole plus has more display info.

Either one is good, expect to wait 3 to 4 weeks for the China one, both use Green as the normal operating voltage .
On ebay use as a search; Car Motorcycle LED Battery Voltage Meter Indicator 12V
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l500.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	98145  

Last edited by onewizard; 09-12-2016 at 11:05 AM.
post #58 of 97 (permalink) Old 09-12-2016, 11:11 AM
Super Moderator

One other thing, I stay away from digital displays as I need reading glasses plus it is distracting, most of these that fit in the opening for the 15 are only close to accurate. I was given two, both were withing 0.2 VDC, however I can tell what my output on the regulator is without even glancing down, Greenis good.
post #59 of 97 (permalink) Old 09-12-2016, 02:48 PM
ash

I think i'm gonna go for this one, as i also need a power socket https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01F3...7yL&ref=plSrch
Kzen likes this.
post #60 of 97 (permalink) Old 09-12-2016, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash View Post
I think i'm gonna go for this one, as i also need a power socket https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01F3...7yL&ref=plSrch
There goes another shiny thing for my V
Kzen likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode