Arrow Exhaust Question - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications
Sponsored by: LeoVince USA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-23-2012, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

Arrow Exhaust Question

To the folks out there that have an Arrow exhaust:

Do you run it with or without the silencer and how does the sound quality compare? On Youtube the sound sounds much deeper (and better) without the silencer, but I'm wondering if it's going to be too loud for me. I do long rides and I often go 9K rpm+. I want a good sounding pipe but don't want to be a Hooligan!

Thanks for the feedback.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-23-2012, 07:05 PM

I have the arrow slip on and run it with the silencer most of the time, with out the silencer it is a deeper tone and a bit louder. With the silencer in at idle it is about as quite as the stock can. It has a nice sound though as your rolling along and getting on the throttle. My opinion.

Those who say money can't buy happines haven't bought A VERSYS.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-23-2012, 07:58 PM

I run my Arrow with the silencer in and when I get on the gas it sounds pretty good. I tried running with the silencer out and it was just too loud for me.
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-27-2012, 05:48 PM

Yeah, without the silencer it's pretty loud and deep sounding. Kind of like a Harley. It's not *completely* obnoxious, but I could see it annoying the neighbors.

I'd rather be riding.
2005 Triumph Speed Triple | 2009 Blue Versys
1997 Suzuki DR350SE (sold) | 2004 Triumph Speed Four (sold) | 2008 ZX6R (sold) | 2008 Concours 14 (sold) | 2007 Suzuki M50 (sold) | 2006 Ninja 500 (sold)

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-02-2012, 03:28 PM

would any owners of this exhaust be SO* kind as to video a few passes? everybody stands there and revs it up with the camera 2 feet away. I want to get either arrow/yoshi/leovince underbody.. but would really like to hear them better

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-02-2012, 04:39 PM

Here is a pretty good Arrow clip. If you can listen through a set of earphones
you will get much better sound quality.

Last edited by MarkPMB; 05-02-2012 at 04:42 PM.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-02-2012, 04:55 PM

I just put the silencer back in my Arrow. It is definitely quieter, but I dont like the sound of it. Im going to pull it back out. I love the throaty roar of the Arrow.

08' Versys
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-03-2012, 11:50 PM

sounds pretty nice...
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 09:58 AM

Sounds nice, can't really tell the difference between this one and my Yoshi pipe. Certainly sounds better than stock!
Now for the squid in the video. We need to find out who this is and insist he at least wear a helmet or return the Versys to the dealer..
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 11:46 AM

I run it with silencer out. I love the sound. I travel some distance on the bike, and it does not bother me. Then again I am an old guy so maybe I'm more deaf than most.

"The Road Goes On Forever And The Party Never Ends"
IBA #23562
http://www.youtube.com/user/Thump52
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 02:53 PM

I'll add my name to the list of those who run it with the silencer in. I tried riding without the silencer, but even with ear plugs it was too loud (for my taste at least.....and most certainly for my neighbors and others around me.) Without, I thought it sounded too "hey look at me, I'm so cool and I have a motorcycle" but with it has a sweet, pleasant growl at higher rpms and is just perfect.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-06-2012, 01:00 PM

I am on the arrow site
http://www.arrow.it/eng/prodotti/mot...DM=9&IDTab=843

It only lists 2007. These are the correct part numbers for my 2011? I would like the aluminum dark can. Maybe somebody link me to a supplier that carries the right one?

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-06-2012, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofnothing View Post
I am on the arrow site
http://www.arrow.it/eng/prodotti/mot...DM=9&IDTab=843

It only lists 2007. These are the correct part numbers for my 2011? I would like the aluminum dark can. Maybe somebody link me to a supplier that carries the right one?
I dont know this for certain....

I did not buy my Arrow for a Verseys. I bought it for a Ninja 650r a few years ago.

This is the company I got it from.
http://www.indysuperbike.com/Arrow_S...-91201645.html

When I got mine there was only 1 generation of the V and 1 of the Ninja. I do not know if you would now use the newer Ninja pipe or what though.

08' Versys
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-07-2012, 10:13 AM

The full arrow exhausts are identical between Ninja and Versys for all years. I have an arrow, but didn't like the sound as much as my Jardine. However, the Jardine is too loud for civilized middle aged people who commute and can't piss off every person within 5 miles. My arrow doesn't have a silencer, so I'm just gonna get a new black one and keep the silencer in. Tests show the arrow is actually quieter than stock can with silencer in. Plus, I need the sensor location for my autotune.

Id rather be quiet all the time and lean on the upgraded horn when safety requires noise.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-07-2012, 11:34 AM

Pulled the trigger with a stainless can.

post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-07-2012, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostholycerebus View Post
Tests show the arrow is actually quieter than stock can with silencer in.
And what tests are these? There is no way the silenced Arrow is even close to a stock can. The only time that is even remotely possible is at idle, or when the bike is turned off.

08' Versys
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-07-2012, 12:14 PM

Arrow exhaust

I have an Arrow slip-on on my '08 V and have tried it w/ and w/o the db-killer. Got it from Pipecity.com, the best prices I found at the time. IMHO the sound quality is very close either way, just louder & more Harley-like w/o it installed-that's not a compliment...

Larry aka Charliedog
Bristol, TN

post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-07-2012, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWKSHOT99 View Post
And what tests are these?
Well I could spend a half hour chasing down links, but since Swedish meatballs just hit the table, instead ill say USE SEARCH N00B!!!!!1!!!!one!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode