Seats: Corbin vs Sargent, Leather vs Vinyl - Page 2 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications
Sponsored by: LeoVince USA

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 05:40 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Have you tried raising the front of your seat for $2 BEFORE you spend HUNDREDS...?
Yeah but to get it to a point where you are not sliding, the side rub against the paint on the tank which would very quickly burn through the clear coat. Great for a quick fix but not permanent IMO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 06:29 PM

If you enjoy rude, arrogant customer service, go with Corbin.
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 07:37 AM

Garage
I had a Corbin in my Nighthawk 750, while it was way better than stock, I felt like it was too stiff. I get that it was meant to be supportive, but it had 0 give, and was just plain uncomfortable after long rides. Maybe I didn't break the leather in proper, but I'm fairly certain I won't be buying one for the Versys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Check out my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!

post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette96 View Post
Yeah but to get it to a point where you are not sliding, the side rub against the paint on the tank which would very quickly burn through the clear coat. Great for a quick fix but not permanent IMO.
Just put some 3M clear paint protection film onto that area. I've ridden about 72,000 miles on my '08 w/out problems, as well as 63,000 kms on the '09 and 29,000 kms on the '15, all w/ the 3M stuff on.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 01:08 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly-Sig View Post
I'm 90% certain I'll go with either Corbin or Sargent, though the price is leaving me sympathetic to going with Seat Concepts.
1. Corbin vs. Sargent - my vote is Sargent if the pick is between these two only. I've owned both and the Sargent was way more comfortable than the Corbin.

2. Leather vs. Vinyl - I'll go with vinyl every time because you don't have to worry about the saddle getting wet.

3. Other options

a. I see that nobody had mentioned Laam Saddles. I know several folks who have them and they all rave about their comfort and looks. I believe Seth Laam used to work for Russell saddles, the folks who make the Russell Day Long (the king of saddles for long distance riding).

b. Use an Air Hawk with the stock saddle. This is what I'm using right now and it's a huge improvement over just the stock saddle alone. I like the Air Hawk because of the perineal channel that runs right down the middle of it. The cushioning also makes it a lot more comfortable on my aging ischium bones.

2016 Versys 650 LT, Orange

post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly-Sig View Post
I've decided to upgrade the seat on the '15 V650 LT. Engine vibration at highway speeds is the main complaint, along with too much pressure on the private parts due to both the forward lean and the shape of the seat. I think getting some of the pressure off of the midline will probably reduce the amount of vibration, too.

I'm 90% certain I'll go with either Corbin or Sargent, though the price is leaving me sympathetic to going with Seat Concepts.

First question then is whether anyone has ridden both brands on a V, and what differences did you find?

Have you noticed any big reduction in engine vibrations with either brand? Corbin says their pan rides on rubber bumpers, which sounds like a good thing.

Corbin comes standard in leather. Any reason not to go with leather? I use the V in good weather around town, plus commuting to work where it might get some rain while parked, and would be in the sun all day 2 or 3 days each week at work. Basically if I use some leather conditioner will that be enough, or will the leather degrade in sun and rain quickly?

I called seat concepts today and I have an appointment for next week. They take walk-ins with an appointment. They also give a discount if you pay cash. They said the install takes about 30-45 minutes. I will report back with my experience.
weljo2001 likes this.
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 02:06 PM
BKP

One last word about the Sargent... If you don't like it, they'll take it back...

Ride safe...

Barry
2015 Versys 650 Pearl White
[space holder for farkles...]
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 02:50 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurch71 View Post
I called seat concepts today and I have an appointment for next week. They take walk-ins with an appointment. They also give a discount if you pay cash. They said the install takes about 30-45 minutes. I will report back with my experience.

When you get it done i want to check out your seat. I had one on the V-650 and liked it...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
When you get it done i want to check out your seat. I had one on the V-650 and liked it...
No problem, I'll hit you up.
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 04:10 PM

+1 Sargent

My 2 cents... I like the Sargent seat, plus got it for 15% off.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	versys.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	192.5 KB
ID:	121106  

2015 Versys 650LT
2006 Goldwing
2006 VulcanLT (war department's)
2008 Aspen Classic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode