Cheap Top box with backrest for Gen 3 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications
Sponsored by: LeoVince USA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

Cheap Top box with backrest for Gen 3

As many others have discovered, finding a passenger backrest for a Gen 3 appears to be an impossible proposition, unless you are talented enough to make your own. It appears to be cheaper to get a top box with a built in backrest, plus you get the Topbox!

I'm just getting ready to order the Bestem T-Box with integrated backrest for my 2016 V650LT ($99) . I have Givi SR4114 racks already ($35) and am hoping that the included plate that comes with the Bestem will attach without too much fuss or needing an additional plate. Any feedback on this cheap trunk? Advice for mounting?

Bestem T-Box

https://www.amazon.com/Bestem-TBOX-9...s=Bestem+T-Box

Givi SR4114 rack

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...-650-2015-2016
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 08:28 PM

Garage
I researched a lot of the "cheaper" cases when I bought my Versys. But I ended up buying a Givi V47. I got it from Motostorm.it out of Italy and for the box, backrest pad, mounting plate, and LED brake light kit, and the $35 shipping, it came in right around $300. And it only took about a week and a half to make it to me in the states. I know that's more than the Bestem you're looking at, but still a lot cheaper than the factory case. Just something to think about.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 05:43 PM

Garage
I have the Bestem top box on my v1000.
My only real complaint is that it is rattly. The latch that holds it to the mount plate rattles a bit. Also the two front mounts are a bit loose, letting the box bounce a bit. I put thick rubber washers around them to tighten it up a bit but it's still not the most snug mount arrangement. It seems secure enough though.

Overall, it's a solid, functional trunk box for the price but don't expect it to be as solid as a Givi or similar.

The urge to buy terrorizes

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 09:25 PM

This is the one I use. It's called Shad SH40 Cargo. It was cheap even with adapter(all about $250). the only downside - it's scratchy...

Link: Case SH40 Cargo - Top Cases - Shad - Engineered for riding
Adapter link: http://www.shad.es/en/shad-usa/produ...mod192mot3924/

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky.

2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS

Last edited by Metalmad; 03-11-2017 at 09:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode