Good topcase cheap. - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications
Sponsored by: LeoVince USA

2Likes
  • 1 Post By iceman73
  • 1 Post By iceman73

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 07:41 AM Thread Starter

Good topcase cheap.

I recently purchased a givi knockoff from Homcom off ebay. They have a 35l at 49.99 and 44l at 59.99. I got the 44l and am quite happy with the overall product. It cost me $67 canadian shipped to my door and it's shipped from Scarborough Ontario so no border fees for me.
Look at this on eBay HOMCOM 44L Motorcycle Top case Touring Trunk Sport Luggage w/ Key Black Colour | eBay

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk
twowheels likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 09:45 AM

Garage
Looks like it comes with a mounting bracket. Did you use the one that came with it or does it happen to work with the Givi brackets? Pics?
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGazebo View Post
Looks like it comes with a mounting bracket. Did you use the one that came with it or does it happen to work with the Givi brackets? Pics?
I don't have a givi bracket so I used the one supplied. Fits good, no sloppiness. I can get a couple pics after work tonight. I honestly can't tell a difference between this and the more pricey options quality wise.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 03:59 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to farmerboy
They are incredible value...
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 06:47 PM

Garage
Very very low price. The picture in the ad looks exactly like a Givi E360 side cae. So a Chinese knock off copy of a Givi product - which would therefore be compatible with Givi monokey mounts? But these are about $50, instead of $250 for the Givi. Wow for value.

Always trust your cape.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

It is a great value. Pics as promised.

The little Homcom sticker peels off like nothing.

ATYC likes this.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 08:52 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATYC View Post
Very very low price. The picture in the ad looks exactly like a Givi E360 side cae. So a Chinese knock off copy of a Givi product - which would therefore be compatible with Givi monokey mounts? But these are about $50, instead of $250 for the Givi. Wow for value.
I wonder if anyone has tried one of these on a monokey mount. I know I would be interested if it worked.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 09:36 PM

I had a similar 35L case on my KLR that I originally received from JC Whitney. It worked ok, but the locking mechanism didn't seem as strong as I would have liked. But for the price, it worked well enough. Eventually I broke it in a drop and replaced it with a Kappa Monolock, so I never tried the plate with a Monokey case. Looked pretty similar, though.

Dave C
2008 Versys (Red)
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 09:50 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman73 View Post
It is a great value. Pics as promised.

The little Homcom sticker peels off like nothing.

Could you take a photo of the bottom of the top case. Want to see the mounting points. If it would work on a Monokey System i would considering getting one to make a Cooler out of for long summer rides...

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 10:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Could you take a photo of the bottom of the top case. Want to see the mounting points. If it would work on a Monokey System i would considering getting one to make a Cooler out of for long summer rides...
Pics of the bottom of the case and two of the supplied mount. I have v35's on my bike with sw motech quick release racks and the sw motech aluminum rear rack. The topcase is for longer trips and trails as the v35's are too wide in spots.

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 10:28 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman73 View Post
Pics of the bottom of the case and two of the supplied mount. I have v35's on my bike with sw motech quick release racks and the sw motech aluminum rear rack. The topcase is for longer trips and trails as the v35's are too wide in spots.

Thanks......

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 05:40 PM

Garage
Just ordered the 44l case from E-bay! Thanks for the great pics!

A bad day riding beats a good day in the office.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 09:03 AM

Garage
Thanks for the pictures, they are truly worth a thousand words! I have been looking at top cases as well. Also looking at soft top mount tail bags, but really do not want all the little pockets, I just need one big space. This looks really good. I got the SW Motec mounts, i think from RevZIlla, for pretty cheap, and they bolt on the existing grab rails using the inside factory threaded bolt holes. Looks good, but as always the weak points is the durability of the lock mechanism and the case mounting to the base. Hopefully, this one will not come off at highway speeds! Looks good, and size is about right. Not too big. Thanks!

BEST,
ANDY

"ALWAYS IN QUESTION, NEVER IN DOUBT".
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 05:02 PM Thread Starter

You're welcome. I always try to share any good deals I find.

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 05:19 PM

Do you think it would fit a 2015 650?
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfla1 View Post
Do you think it would fit a 2015 650?
It will but you still require a rear rack to mount it on. I bought the sw motech from twisted throttle.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode