Leo Vince GP Style or Arrow Dark - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications
Sponsored by: LeoVince USA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 11:03 PM Thread Starter

Leo Vince GP Style or Arrow Dark

Hi guys,

I'm between these two pipes which are on Ebay for 360 and 305 USD respectively.. It's about what I'm willing to spend for an exhaust and it's quite and investment for me and I'm wondering if anyone has experience with either or can point me in the right direction based on the criteria below.

Ideally, I'd like to shed at least 10lbs, gain 1-3 horsepower, and not have to remap the ECU or get a PC.

From what I've read, the LV GP, with it's extended pipe and resonance chamber, runs smoother, and produces the right amount of back-pressure. However the Arrow is lighter, I think, at about 5lbs vs 8lbs (IIRC) and slightly quieter (which is good IMO).

Any experience on which of these compromises will meet my criteria best?

I appreciate all of your time and support.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 08:32 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10dadeo View Post
Hi guys,

I'm between these two pipes which are on Ebay for 360 and 305 USD respectively.. It's about what I'm willing to spend for an exhaust and it's quite and investment for me and I'm wondering if anyone has experience with either or can point me in the right direction based on the criteria below.

Ideally, I'd like to shed at least 10lbs, gain 1-3 horsepower, and not have to remap the ECU or get a PC.

From what I've read, the LV GP, with it's extended pipe and resonance chamber, runs smoother, and produces the right amount of back-pressure. However the Arrow is lighter, I think, at about 5lbs vs 8lbs (IIRC) and slightly quieter (which is good IMO).

Any experience on which of these compromises will meet my criteria best?

I appreciate all of your time and support.
Arrow quieter ?
For real ??
Those Leo Vince must be SCREEEEEEEMING loud !

LOP
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator

10dadeo - I KNOW this doesn't answer your question, but personally I hate loud bikes, and really like the sound of the V w/ stock muffler. As for 'saving weight'... - carry less stuff on your rides...!

-

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lours_Polaire View Post
Arrow quieter ?
For real ??
Those Leo Vince must be SCREEEEEEEMING loud !

LOP
Yeah, I think it has to do with the smaller size/less material inside the LV. Though the extra curl in the pipe and resonance chamber on the LV helps with noise. The arrow has a larger diameter and better sound absorption. Do you run an aftermarket muffler?

Yes, good point about carrying less. I don't carry anything on my bike when I don't have to. If/When the plastics get damaged I'll be converting to a naked bike, taking the pannier racks, pillion peg rack, and stock headlight alone should cut several pounds. But for now, I'm starting with exhaust.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

Well, I think I'm going to go with the Arrow..

I looked at the Dyno Charts on LV's site for the 650R (they didn't have dynos comparing GP snail style to standard slip on for the KLE650A)

and found that the standard slip on (more comparable to the arrow) had better torque and power gain and is lighter in weight:

Straight Slip-on 650R Chart

GP Slip on 650R Chart

The GP style shows hardly any improvement on torque or horsepower figures. This may be due to the more restrictive design. I'm not sure. The difference is not insignificant.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 10:03 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10dadeo View Post
... Do you run an aftermarket muffler? ...

I had been thinking about that, but we have a new law in effect for noise and I'm pretty shure that any aftermarket kit would be illegal

Furthermore, the city where I live is one that is part of the pilot for that law, so I would be intercept on regular basis and it would piss me up ...

LOP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2008, arrow, exhaust, leo vince, muffler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode