OEM Electrical Outlet - 650LT - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications
Sponsored by: LeoVince USA

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Wolfcamp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

Garage
OEM Electrical Outlet - 650LT

Kawasaki sells an electrical outlet that installs on the left hand side of the dash. The problem is I cannot find where they say what type of power outlet it is... USB, Euro, Cigarette lighter???

I've searched and can not find the answer. Anyone know or have a picture of the open outlet?

2016 Versys 650 LT, Orange

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017, 10:13 PM

Garage
This is the OEM for the Versys 650 & 1000LT's.........https://www.kawasaki.com/Accessories...FFFA/999940485 You can use the one for the Vulcan that about $60.00 cheaper......https://www.kawasaki.com/Accessories...0AFF/999940541

BTW its Cigarette Lighter type.

Heres where i plug a Cigarette Style Voltmeter into mine....

P1010515 by weljo2001, on Flickr

P1010520 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 06:30 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks weljo. Just what I needed to know.

I actually prefer the euro style socket; also called a BMW plug. The plugs for them are smaller.
weljo2001 likes this.

2016 Versys 650 LT, Orange

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 10:30 AM

I used the stock position but made my own plug. Looks OEM but only cost me $9.95 and some material I had laying around in the shop (wire, connectors etc). It is run direct to the battery via a 5 amp breaker. Kawasaki wants something like $80 for theirs.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 04:53 PM

Garage
I bought one off amazon for like 9 bucks and picked up some wire connectors that plugged into the factory connections.

I am Brate, there are many like me but I am Brate.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-25-2017, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brate View Post
I bought one off amazon for like 9 bucks and picked up some wire connectors that plugged into the factory connections.
Bought mine at Cycle Gear for about $12, which included the 'plug-in' socket for cell-phones, and used the factory lines....

Ed

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-25-2017, 12:43 PM

Garage
I used a marine grade socket, wired in via the Fuzeblock

I now see there are locking / anti vibration versions

https://www.amazon.ca/BANDC-Waterpro...arette+lighter

Although I have had Miss Jaffa (Burnt Orange 2007 Versys) for a while, I still have a lot to learn.

"The happiest people don’t have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode