Handlebar measurements for a 2014 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications
Sponsored by: LeoVince USA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

Handlebar measurements for a 2014

Does anyone have the handlebar measurements (width, Rise, Pullback) for the stock handlebars? Or any recommendation for bars that have another 1" pull back? What I am looking for is a set of bars that have about another 1" of pull back. Yes I have adjusted them to every imaginable way. Bike master sells bars, but I am asking the wisdom of thee group before spending any money and time on this. Thanks in advance!~

COG# 5539
IBA# 15034
Team Oregon MC Instructor
"2linby" Get it? "Tooling by"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Everything is simple, nothing is easy".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 01:52 AM

Garage
Simple solution: ROX pivot risers

This is my set-up, LOTS of adjustability.
Another angle showing the Motowerk riser also installed:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeff Reichel Palmer, ALASKA
1 Tim 6:11-12 "FIGHT the GOOD Fight"
There is no inappropriate temperature to ride a motorcycle…just inappropriate layers of protection.
2011 ADVersys

92 FATBOY (in rebuild status)

Last edited by AlaskaJeff; 01-20-2017 at 01:54 AM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator

Good reply from Alaska Jeff, but what you might miss is that the Motowerk 'risers' bring the bars back towards you, while the ROX (which I use) can be adjusted up, forward, or back, or a combination.

Ed

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 08:22 PM

Garage
Fast Eddie

If I install the ROX https://roxspeedfx.com/collections/a...-7-8-handlebar do I need to adjust the cable, or is there enough slack?

Thanks

Alan

Although I have had Miss Jaffa (Burnt Orange 2007 Versys) for a while, I still have a lot to learn.

"The happiest people don’t have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything."
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 10:44 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaussie View Post
Fast Eddie

If I install the ROX https://roxspeedfx.com/collections/a...-7-8-handlebar do I need to adjust the cable, or is there enough slack?

Thanks

Alan
If I remember right from 3 years ago, there was a slight adjustment with the cables/wires but nothing too major. Just make sure you turn the bars lock to lock after the installation to check for binding or tightness. I have aftermarket braided steel brake lines on as well so that helps.

Jeff Reichel Palmer, ALASKA
1 Tim 6:11-12 "FIGHT the GOOD Fight"
There is no inappropriate temperature to ride a motorcycle…just inappropriate layers of protection.
2011 ADVersys

92 FATBOY (in rebuild status)
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-21-2017, 06:55 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaJeff View Post
If I remember right from 3 years ago, there was a slight adjustment with the cables/wires but nothing too major. Just make sure you turn the bars lock to lock after the installation to check for binding or tightness.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaJeff View Post
I have aftermarket braided steel brake lines on as well so that helps.
So do I - they make a huge difference. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I asked my riding buddy / technical advisor - Garry - if I would be better with 1" (Speedy") or 2" (Rox) and he answered:

"We will put the bike on the track stands with the bars under a lifting point in the ceiling. Get to feel the difference between the 25 mm and the 50 mm risers. Once we get them off and suspended we try the 2 different heights (standing and sitting)."

Why didn't I think of that?

Although I have had Miss Jaffa (Burnt Orange 2007 Versys) for a while, I still have a lot to learn.

"The happiest people don’t have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything."
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-22-2017, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Fast Eddie

Thanks

Alan
W/ 2" ROX Risers mounted so the bars go STRAIGHT UP the 2" (neither forward nor back), I do NOT recall any issues w/ cables, etc when I mounted them.

(LOVE 'em, BTW!)

Ed

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
..)

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-22-2017, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
...I asked my riding buddy / technical advisor - Garry - if I would be better with 1" (Speedy") or 2" (Rox) and he answered....
Personally - I did NOT want the bars coming BACK towards me, which is why I went w/ ROX.

Ed

..)

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017, 02:38 AM

Garage
food for thought:

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/H...r-Measurements

if I'm answering your question I assume the basic points have been addressed, such as: did you do a compression test? is it still on fire?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode