Tank bag for 3rd Gen - SW-Motech - Page 2 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications
Sponsored by: LeoVince USA

10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zirconx View Post
No, the XS320 is completely different from the OEM Kawaski bag. The Kawasaki bag uses straps, the Givi bag uses the tank-lock system.

I owned the XS320 for a short time, but went with the XS308 instead. The XS308 is bigger and the tanklock ring is widely available. At the time I could only get the special ring for the XS320 from Europe.

If you are looking for a fairly compact, good looking bag, the XS320 is a good choice. I travel, so I wanted the larger capacity of the XS308. The bars on my 2015 650 LT barely touch the bag when I turn to full-lock.
Did the XS320 touch the tank at all? Is the mount fixed, or does the user position it in place like with the SW-M bags?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 03:54 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
You'll probably pay less if you order the givi branded one (Givi XS320), they are the same.

Revzilla has the 3D603 on sale for $100 which I have and fits the bike perfectly however it holds less than the XS320 but has the added benefit of being water resistant without the included cover.
The Givi bags look to be more expensive than the Kawasaki OEM tank bag. They do look nicer, though...
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 05:10 PM

Finally got the bag I ordered from eBay (China). It's an Alpine Star bag and fairly small (I would guess around 3-4 liters). It's exactly what I was looking for. A place to hold my phone (iPhone 5S), a larger compartment for sunglasses and other larger stuff, a smaller compartment for gum/mints, and another small zipper compartment for my phone power plug. It fits the Gen III very well. My pull back risers kind of crowd it a bit but still usable. All for less than $13.............don't be in a hurry for it though. It took almost 2 months to get it. I may have a second one on the way according to the seller. We'll see in another month and a half.

post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 05:26 PM

Alpine Stars does not make tank bags. Given price and origin I would say it is a knock off.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Duffy likes this.
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 08:46 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Just Doug View Post
Did the XS320 touch the tank at all? Is the mount fixed, or does the user position it in place like with the SW-M bags?
It's supposed to be off the tank, but the rear most part does hang down and touch the tank a little. It's slightly adjustable, you can remove the 4 screws that hold the base on and move the mount about a half inch or so, forward and backward. I adjusted mine to the full rearward position to have more clearance with the handlebars.
Doug Just Doug likes this.
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-25-2017, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Alpine Stars does not make tank bags. Given price and origin I would say it is a knock off.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

That wouldn't surprise me.............seems well built and of good material. Didn't say any thing about waterproof but looks to be at least water resistant. I looked at a lot of bicycle bar bags but they just wouldn't work for me. I didn't want anything too large or too small.
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 08:00 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfcamp View Post
Well, with all the talk of tank bag interference, I think I'll probably go with the smallest ION.
Changed my mind about getting a small bag. I wound up ordering a GIVI XS320. Decided to go with a roomier bag since on previous bikes, I have preferred riding without the panniers.

The Givi XS320 gives me plenty of room for flat tire kit & pump, a few tools, SPOT, EZTag, face shield cleaning solution & rag, cap, etc., etc., all things that I would rather have easily accessible and not stored in panniers.

I'm really impressed with the quality of this bag plus the fact that it has 2 map pockets. They advertise one as being for a large tablet and the other for a paper map but I will use both for maps,... one for the overview and the other for detail. Good things to have since I"m not sure I'm going to mount my Garmin on this bike.

onewizard likes this.

2016 Versys 650 LT, Orange

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 02:10 PM

I just picked up my Orange LT - the xs320 tank bag looks great on it. Thanks for posting pic. I am going to order this bag.

MADIRTGUY

A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is a man who hopes they are.

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. - George Carlin

Current bike:
Versys 650 LT, Candy Matte Orange (Fastest Color)
Previous bikes:
06 Honda 599, 08 KLR 650, 95 Triumph T-Bird (885cc Triple), 02 Buell Blast, 89 Honda GB500, 75 Honda CB400F
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 12:33 PM

Still looking for a larger gas cap mounted bag. Does your XS320 touch the tank a little bit at the back like zirconix reported above?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfcamp View Post
Changed my mind about getting a small bag. I wound up ordering a GIVI XS320. Decided to go with a roomier bag since on previous bikes, I have preferred riding without the panniers.

The Givi XS320 gives me plenty of room for flat tire kit & pump, a few tools, SPOT, EZTag, face shield cleaning solution & rag, cap, etc., etc., all things that I would rather have easily accessible and not stored in panniers.

I'm really impressed with the quality of this bag plus the fact that it has 2 map pockets. They advertise one as being for a large tablet and the other for a paper map but I will use both for maps,... one for the overview and the other for detail. Good things to have since I"m not sure I'm going to mount my Garmin on this bike.

2015 Versys 650 ABS
AMA, Retreads Int'l., MSTA

Mods/Farkles: Puig "Touring" windscreen, Givi hand guards, BMW Sport Grips, Omni-Cruise throttle lock, Motowerk mirror extenders, SW-Motech gas cap mount tankbag, Denali Mini Soundbomb horn, Mag-Knight tank pad, SW-Motech luggage rack and side racks, Givi E-22 side cases, RKA 36L rack bag, Motorwerk side stand foot, Motowerk highway peg set-up, SW-Motech wide foot pegs, SW-Motech GPS shelf, decalectomy
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 01:18 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Just Doug View Post
Still looking for a larger gas cap mounted bag. Does your XS320 touch the tank a little bit at the back like zirconix reported above?
Yes, the back of the bag just touches the tank when loaded (don't remember if it did it without anything in it or not).

To prevent any abrasion from the bag, I put mylar film over every part of the gas tank where the bag might touch.

EDIT: Just read zirconex's post. Wish I had read (or remember I'd read), about the rearward adjustment before I bought the mylar.
Doug Just Doug likes this.

2016 Versys 650 LT, Orange

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Wolfcamp; 04-04-2017 at 01:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode