Riser replacement help - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications
Sponsored by: LeoVince USA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 10:05 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Riser replacement help

I think this has been covered before, but I really want to lower my handlebars. I've searched the forum and the links to "modified" handlebar riser/mount seem to be dead links. I have a 2009 650 Versys KLE650 and the riser mount bolts are at an angle as everyone here probably knows. So finding a replacement is difficult. My question is, then, does anyone have a link to or have seen a recent fix for this issue?

Before anyone says anything, I realize this might mean removing or modifying the front fairings. I like the upright position but I hate the way the front ends feels "floaty", especially in corners. It's a little weird feeling being able to steer the bike almost like a car, and I would like some more weight on the front tire. The wrench monkee Versys has been covered but there seems to be no info on replacing the ugly versys handlebar riser. Thanks ahead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator

I seem to recall seeing pics on here (somewhere...) of one that was 'sectioned' removing an inch or more from the middle, then re-welded....

Maybe in a FOR SALE advert...?

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 02:21 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamito View Post
I think this has been covered before, but I really want to lower my handlebars...
there are a number of options, how much do you want to spend.

the sectioned, shortened, welded, and smoothed OEM riser was done by an inmate 7-8 years ago, there's a write-up in the archives somewhere with photos. if you found the OEM riser objectionable from an aesthetic viewpoint, this would not be your solution.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I found a link in the forum and it is still live to shop.mek.biz It's definitely expensive. But a fix is a fix just depends on how bad I want it. I'll explore the forum for the "chopped" one. The aesthetics aren't my primary concern. Thanks everybody.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator

ANOTHER possibility - get the top triple-clamp from a Gen 3, and exchange them....

Ed

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
..)

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
ANOTHER possibility - get the top triple-clamp from a Gen 3, and exchange them....

Are they a direct fit? I'd love to do away with the stock riser on my 09.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman73 View Post
Are they a direct fit? I'd love to do away with the stock riser on my 09.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk
You'll need to check the specs to ensure that the fork angle has remained constant (which I'll bet it is), and that the fork UPPERS are the same diameter.

Ed

..)

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamito View Post
I think this has been covered before, but I really want to lower my handlebars. I've searched the forum and the links to "modified" handlebar riser/mount seem to be dead links. I have a 2009 650 Versys KLE650 and the riser mount bolts are at an angle as everyone here probably knows. So finding a replacement is difficult. My question is, then, does anyone have a link to or have seen a recent fix for this issue?

Before anyone says anything, I realize this might mean removing or modifying the front fairings. I like the upright position but I hate the way the front ends feels "floaty", especially in corners. It's a little weird feeling being able to steer the bike almost like a car, and I would like some more weight on the front tire. The wrench monkee Versys has been covered but there seems to be no info on replacing the ugly versys handlebar riser. Thanks ahead.
Adamito,

Did you have any success in making this change to your Gen 1 V? I would like to do the same to my V, and hopefully I can learn from what you have done.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode