Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Riser replacement help

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  trialsguy 
#1 ·
I think this has been covered before, but I really want to lower my handlebars. I've searched the forum and the links to "modified" handlebar riser/mount seem to be dead links. I have a 2009 650 Versys KLE650 and the riser mount bolts are at an angle as everyone here probably knows. So finding a replacement is difficult. My question is, then, does anyone have a link to or have seen a recent fix for this issue?

Before anyone says anything, I realize this might mean removing or modifying the front fairings. I like the upright position but I hate the way the front ends feels "floaty", especially in corners. It's a little weird feeling being able to steer the bike almost like a car, and I would like some more weight on the front tire. The wrench monkee Versys has been covered but there seems to be no info on replacing the ugly versys handlebar riser. Thanks ahead.

#3 ·
I think this has been covered before, but I really want to lower my handlebars...
there are a number of options, how much do you want to spend.

the sectioned, shortened, welded, and smoothed OEM riser was done by an inmate 7-8 years ago, there's a write-up in the archives somewhere with photos. if you found the OEM riser objectionable from an aesthetic viewpoint, this would not be your solution.

#4 ·
I found a link in the forum and it is still live to shop.mek.biz It's definitely expensive. But a fix is a fix just depends on how bad I want it. I'll explore the forum for the "chopped" one. The aesthetics aren't my primary concern. Thanks everybody.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.