Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

15/16 1000 slip on options

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Glenno 
#1 ·
I'm looking for the loudest quality slip on exhaust muffler out there from any year Versys 1000. I only mention year for fitment purposes. Any suggestions, experiences, or rationales for one over another? Maybe links to comparisons? Thanks

#2 ·
Not sure if the 15-16 1K is the same as the 650 but the 650 has a full system, no slip-on unless you cut and weld.

#3 ·
#4 ·
When you say you want the loudest available, have you ever ridden with a really loud exhaust? I have on a couple different bikes and after a while on the interstate it really gets annoying even with a full face helmet and ear plugs. Currently, the main use for my Versys is commuting, so I've kept it stock since I leave so early in the morning.

#5 ·
When you say you want the loudest available, have you ever ridden with a really loud exhaust?.../QUOTE]

A friend used to invite me to ride his Harleys w/ him when I wasn't busy (I was racing enduros then, so my bike was a dirt-bike). He had a touring Harley (w/ the handle-bar mounted fairing) that had OEM mufflers, and a 'soft-tail custom' w/ LOUD pipes that exited about just below your ears.

The ONLY way I could ride the loud one was by putting my head as FAR forward as possible, VERY uncomfortable, but a bit quieter. Eventually I told him I'd ONLY ride the touring one.

:goodluck:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.