New foot pegs (PICS) - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications
Sponsored by: LeoVince USA

4Likes
  • 3 Post By Glenno
  • 1 Post By iceman73

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-03-2016, 09:17 PM Thread Starter

New foot pegs (PICS)

I purchased new foot pegs from Twisted Throttle. They are a huge improvement over my stock ones. The rubber on my stockers fell apart very quickly due to the way I use the left one to step up on while I swing my leg over. The twisting of my boot tore the rubber almost immediately upon buying the bike. The new pegs are heavy duty and have a removable center solid rubber and steel insert. Plus they can be installed in two different positions. Stock height or can be lowered 15mm. I lowered mine and the 15mm makes a noticeable improvement in comfort. Knees are slightly less bent. Anyway check out the pictures they really do show the quality difference.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG6173.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	97697   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG6175.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	97705   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG6176_BURST002.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	97713   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG6177.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	97721   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG6179.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	97729  

Name:	IMAG6181.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	97737  
mminob, quexpress and Freubel like this.

Versatile Versys

Last edited by Glenno; 09-03-2016 at 09:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-04-2016, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

I was really surprised at the cost, my only concern is I have large size 12 boots, I lowered the foot peg using Speedy lowering,no more trouble shifting, but those have a larger footprint, and in reality the lowered position appears to be the standard height of the OEM, hard to tell from the pictures.
Thanks for posting!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 08:57 PM

I saw those the last time I was at twisted throttle to get my rear rack but kept choking on the price. I wound up finding these at Kapsco Moto and figured it was a good option for a thrifty guy with kids. They are for a Tw200 but I shaved less than a mm off one side with a grinder and they fit perfect.
https://www.kapscomoto.com/product_p/fp003.htm
Funny enough, if you live in the US it's free shipping. I live 1.5 hours and it cost me 6 bucks.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Last edited by iceman73; 02-22-2017 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Further thought

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 09:13 PM

Looks great! I wish you guys would stop posting this stuff! I keep seeing things that now I have to get!!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfla1 View Post
Looks great! I wish you guys would stop posting this stuff! I keep seeing things that now I have to get!!
So you don't want to see the ravetech skid plate, sw motech racks or various screen?

chrisfla1 likes this.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 06:05 AM

damnit ... now something new to buy...

How tall are you that you liked the extra leg room?

I"m 6'1" but have a 33/34" inseam...

thank you,

Dan

All those who wander are not lost... that being said sometimes you should stop and check on them.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenno View Post
I purchased new foot pegs from Twisted Throttle. They are a huge improvement over my stock ones. The rubber on my stockers fell apart very quickly due to the way I use the left one to step up on while I swing my leg over. The twisting of my boot tore the rubber almost immediately upon buying the bike. The new pegs are heavy duty and have a removable center solid rubber and steel insert. Plus they can be installed in two different positions. Stock height or can be lowered 15mm. I lowered mine and the 15mm makes a noticeable improvement in comfort. Knees are slightly less bent. Anyway check out the pictures they really do show the quality difference.
Thanks for the post! I mount up the same way since I installed Givi side cases and have been interested in those same pegs. webBikeWorld also reviewed them: Kawasaki Versys Wide Foot Pegs - webBikeWorld
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman73 View Post
So you don't want to see the ravetech skid plate, sw motech racks or various screen?

Come on Now If you been on this forum for a while, you will realize all avid motorcyclists never find everything they need, unless they join a forum like this, then for a short time all is good, until someone new comes along, then it involves a quick trip to look at the bike to see if it will fit

So the links provided by you are products I have never seen on this forum before and the prices are good
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenno View Post
I can't help but agree with you because I have these pegs on my Versys. They are VERY comfortable.

I still have a full deck.
I just shuffle slower.

Note: I have no time to waste because Iím older at this moment than Iíve ever been before,
Ö and itís the youngest Iím ever going to get.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 02:13 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman73 View Post
Iceman, does the ravetech skid plate interfere with oil changes?

What do you think of the quality?

Alan

Although I have had Miss Jaffa (Burnt Orange 2007 Versys) for a while, I still have a lot to learn.

"The happiest people donít have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaussie View Post
Iceman, does the ravetech skid plate interfere with oil changes?

What do you think of the quality?

Alan
I have to remove it for oil changes. The quality is quite good, I've whacked a few rocks and it has a deep scratch that's it. Keeping in mind that it's not a "true" skid plate, more of a gravel guard.

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 05:23 PM

Ravetech bash plate

I installed the Ravetech plate a few months ago on my Gen 2. The plate itself is aluminum and the 2 mounting brackets are steel, all powder coated black. I would say the construction is robust, and I've seen the Motech bash plate and would say it's not better, though some would disagree. I particularly don't like the point on the front of the Motech plate, it seems destined to hit something hard where - in theory - the Ravetech might slide over the same obstacle.

There are 3 instances where I have miscalculated my route on rock-laden hillsides and landed on the plate, and while the plate itself had a couple minor dings, the rear bracket buckled at the bend - which is where you would expect it to bend - and no damage was done to the bike at all. It did not contact the engine, exhaust or oil filter. One hit was almost dead on the oil drain, and I suspect the Ravetech plate prevented a long walk home. Once home, I simply removed the plate and rear bracket, pounded out the dents and re-aligned the mount, and all back together and fine. I realize I subject the plate (and the bike) to greater loads that it is probably designed for, so far without permanent or expensive damage.

This is not a full-bike-weight skid plate, but none are for the Versys.

As for the specific question about oil changes, the plate itself must be removed, but the brackets cause no obstruction. There are 4 button head socket bolts holding it on, easily accessed.

One complaint I have is that the socket head fasteners on the rear mount were hit on the rocks, and it peened over one of the heads so I couldn't get the hex wrench in the socket to remove it, and a button head is not conducive to removal with pliers, especially glued in. I have replaced those fasteners with 10.9 hex head bolts so when peened again, I should still be able to get a wrench on the flats.

FYI, it mounts on the lower rear and front engine mounts. I also have GIVI crash bars, which share these mounting locations, so fitting was a little tricky. The plate did come with a variety of spacers, so not a big deal.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Ravetech bash plate, and IMO it looks better than the Motech as well as allowing the belly plastics to stay on, which looks cool. It came with all necessary mounting hardware, but took 3 weeks from Thailand. Any other questions, happy to help.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20161125_152251.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	115401   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161125_114716.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	115409  

Ride more, bitch less - secret to good life!

Last edited by PHX_Joe; 02-23-2017 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Insert 'gen 2' for reference.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 12:12 PM

Garage
Thanks Iceman and Joe

I am planning a multi-day back road ride this summer WABDR

I am on a tight budget so am tossing up between prevention that may not be needed and possible after repairs / halting the ride.

I have done quite a bit of forest road / dual track riding and haven't needed it so far.

I currently have 90/10 tires (Avon TrailRider) but will go 60/40 or 50/50 in the Spring.

Although I have had Miss Jaffa (Burnt Orange 2007 Versys) for a while, I still have a lot to learn.

"The happiest people donít have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode