Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Delkevic Full Exhaust for 2015

12K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  uparmorjoe 
#1 ·
I ordered one today, I assume this fits the 2016 as well as the 2015.
Full System to fit VERSYS 650 (2015-2016) with Stubby 14" Stainless Steel Oval Muffler and Stainless Steel 2-1 Headers
Recall that for 2015, the muffler can is no longer a slip-on so the whole system is required. I considered many other options, but chose this for 3 reasons.
  • The headers are what many of you had put on the earlier generations and they are part of this kit.
  • If I don't like the sound, I now have a slip-on capable systems and can try different cans
  • The price was way less than most of the other systems I had considered

They should arrive on Wednesday (6/22/16), and I'll update the post when I get them.

Now, if it would just stop raining for like 10 minutes around here.

#4 ·
I had their SS Headers on my 09 Versys and The mini 8" on my FJR. Good Quality and Customer Service.....

#6 ·
I have the Delkevic carbon fiber oval stubby on my 2013 Versys. It is throaty and loud. I like it but it is a bit much on long trips at high RPMs and when I am coming home and the neighbors are in bed. Compared to the video above I would say that the Versys runs at lower RPMs so it sounds a little more bassy. I do wish it was a little more quit but cagers will definitely here you.

#9 ·
I noted that their "stubby" muffler was a little obnoxious so I got the longest (14") can that they offer. Hopefully it's just a little quieter without being stock quiet.

#11 ·
I put a Delkevic on my 650 Vulcan S. It came with the baffle in it, so I just left it in. It was still pretty loud, but I liked the sound, except after riding for hours at freeway speed. I also worried it might annoy the neighbors, actually I don't care unless they can give me a problem because of it. I actually do like some people, just none of my neighbors!!

As for the Delk, the quality is good, and they are rebuildable. I probably won't put one on my bike, unless they make it possible to jack the bike up from underneath. Does the Delk change the situation any as far as that goes, or is the exhaust still in the way? On the Vulcan S, it did enable me too jack it up against the engine, it also woke the motor up, and it seemed quicker. The 2bros system is most likely a lot more $$$ and is also louder if it is like the Vulcan model. I had an 18" can on mine. I had the chance to hear the 2 bros. next to my bike with the Delkevic, the 2 bros. was louder by far. I think you'll like the Delkivic better than you would have the 2 bros.

#10 ·
Exhaust installed and tested. It is awesome! Totally changed the bike and now running it up to 5K RPM doesn't sound like you're going to kill it and the bike is happy. I took some video with the iPhone, but I'm still trying to figure out how to edit it together. Dang technology (sez the IT guy).

#12 ·
At long last, I have figured out how to upload the video. Unfortunately, I suck at this, so I had to splice pieces of the video together to get the relevant parts. It's choppy and not very fluid so .. yeah. Here it is

#22 ·
thanks for this the only concern I have with changing the pipe is the fact that these pipes don't keep up to emission laws in Australia (no cat) im restricted at the moment anyway so ill wait till im off my restriction before I make this step.

I like how it changes the way you shift as I am new to riding aswell and having the same troubles you are having

#13 ·
:thumb::thumb: on the Delks. I'm not a 2 Brothers Fan. Seen too many problems with their Carbon Fiber Exhaust rotting out.

#14 ·
Thanks for the vid.

So, have you ridden it with the Delk on it? I can't tell from the video how much louder it is, but you can't hear the engine's internals like you can with the stocker, so pretty sure it's louder.
When I decided to put the Delk on my Vulcan S (basically same motor) it was for a few reasons. The stock muffler was a 22 lb boat anchor, the Delk was 6 lbs total. The Delk made the bike loud enough to cover the valve train noise, it also made the bike a lot more snappy. I had same 14" can you got, although in an earlier post I said I had an 18, my bad. The stocker seemed like it was keeping the bike from really breathing, and like I said, it really woke up that little 650. It was great. I will say that since the two bikes are basically the same motor wise (I know the V has more peak HP), that both bikes are running around 5K rpm at freeway speed. The Delks' added noise does get a little bothersome sometimes IMHO. I even got looks from cops when I went by some times. I like the Delk mufflers don't get me wrong, I would only consider one of theirs, but I sort of like the way the stock exhaust sounds. The stock Versys sounds better to me than the stock Vulcan S. It just seemed there was too much engine noise. I don't hear that on my V.

Can you slip a jack under the engine now with the Delk on the V? I would really like to know if you could tell us. I want to be able to get the front wheel off the ground if possible. I got a spool jack for the rear but no lift for the front yet.
I like the looks of the pipe on your Kermit. Thanks for posting the video.:smile2:

#15 ·
Can you slip a jack under the engine now with the Delk on the V? I would really like to know if you could tell us. I want to be able to get the front wheel off the ground if possible. I got a spool jack for the rear but no lift for the front yet.
I like the looks of the pipe on your Kermit. Thanks for posting the video.
No, I don't think so. The header pipes still have the cross-over "H" that sits right under the motor.

I bought the front and rear T-Rex Stands and the 14mm spools for the rear. Unfortunately, when looking up the link, it appears they are out of stock.

I tried to get the most quiet muffler that Delkevic makes for the Versys kit, and it's not loud at all. It really woke up and changed the dynamic of the motor. I don't feel so compelled to shift at 3K RPM anymore because I can't hear the valvetrain noise and the motor still pulls strong. It was feeling wheezy and seemed to not want to go above 3K unless you really put the stirrups to her with the stock exhaust. Maybe I'm just trying to justify my purchase to myself, but I enjoy the bike much more now.

I put over a hundred miles on her last Friday through Plantersville and I never thought the exhaust note was too loud. The wind noise around my helmet was getting to me after about 2 hours though. And, it was 95 degrees with a "feels like" temperature of about 105 (Welcome to Texas). I drank two quarts of Gatorade about halfway through the trip, but I was done by the time I got back home.

#17 ·
Lotta $$$$ for a lotta noise. You bought the ad copy and the pretty pictures.... Too loud for extended riding on the freeway and the neighbors hate it. What an improvement. Show me on the dyno at street rpm's. But what do I know? I'm old and I've been behind bars for too many years. IMHO

#24 ·
Short answer, No! You do not need to do anything, the closed loop system uses the O2 sensor to keep the fuel mixture regulated.

Longer answer, I've heard of people using the Power Commander to increase the performance after adding an exhaust, but not as a compensation for changing the exhaust. The Versys is plenty powerful for me as it is. Changing the exhaust allows the motor to rev more freely in my opinion (no dyno results to back that up).

#26 ·
Good job on the upgrade and the video.
Personally, I don't like the sound these aftermarket exhausts give to parallel twins. And I really like my stock exhaust note. Furthermore, I think these pipes are too damn expensive for what they do for me, and I don't like to bother my neighbors in the morning! They are illegal in California anyway.
But again, great job and it looks great! enjoy it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.