Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Handlebar "Pullback" Risers?

5K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  flyer88 
#1 ·
What do you guys think of these for an '08 KLE650? Seems cheap and might be good for me. They make the risers anywhere from 3.5" up to 6.5" I believe. I get bad fatigue in my arms from stretching forward to reach the handle bars, while also trying to maintain an upright seating position. I'm a new rider so I probably ride a little stiffer than I should, which I know doesn't help. It would be nice if the handle bars were a couple inches higher and also slightly pulled back for more comfort. I am 6'3"

I am planning to drive my Versys from Anchorage Alaska to Cocoa Beach Florida in May. I am working on making the V more comfortable for touring, but I will also have access to a truck should I find myself unable to handle the long hours on the road.

I've looked at a few other bar risers recommended from members but I'm trying to be as budget conscious as possible, and I will primarily be buying from Amazon so that limits me somewhat.

#3 ·
Check out the Motowerks anti vibe risers. Google it and you will find a video from our own Weljoe. Also do a search in our site. They only increase height around 1+ inch, but I think you can get some that are larger. I am 5'10 with normal arms, and with these risers on my '09, and the bars pulled back ever so slightly, I am in a very neutral position not having to lean or reach.

#5 ·
A couple thoughts from a not very mechanical observer. 1) Have you tried tilting your stock bars toward you (and if that helps be sure to adjust the effect on mirrors, levers, etc.) and 2) be careful how much rise you put in because at some point you will have to lengthen your cables and than it will no longer be a "budget build". Veterans riders, please let him know how much rise he can do without other major changes needed.

Reactions: jon_r
#6 · (Edited)
Those you mention won't work on your '08, but IF you want to add some height AND a bit of 'pull-back', I suggest you look at the ROX Risers. I have 2" ones on each of my Vs, and they "rise" the bars, PLUS allow you to move them forward or aft, and stock cables work.

One set is "anti-vibe" the other NOT, but I personally do NOT see the need for the "anti-vibe".

#7 ·
Those you mention won't work on your '08, but IF you want to add some height AND a bit of 'pull-back', I suggest you look at the ROX Risers. I have 2" ones on each of my Vs, and they "rise" the bars, PLUS allow you to move them for

One set is "anti-vibe" the other NOT, but I personally do NOT see the need for the "anti-vibe".
Thanks for the input everyone! Greatly appreciated. I hadn't even considered that if I raised the bars too much I would need new cables :|

I really like the look of those ROX risers, Eddie. They were just a little more expensive than I would like (~$115 on amazon). I did add them to my amazon wish list so I'll have them for later, but sounds like I might just have to go with those.

Thanks again everyone!

#10 ·
I just installed the "Moto Werk" anti-vibe on my 2014. I was looking for a little rise and a little pull-back. These were perfect because, although they space the bars 1-1/16" from the original position, they only raise them about 3/4" at the most. This is because the handlebar mount on the '07 - '14 is at a angle. So, the "Moto Werk" was "just the ticket" for me - - about 3/4" up and 3/4" back.

#12 ·
X2 for the Rox Risers. They allow for a multitude of adjustments and can be found for a decent price IF you look around. I've got the Motowerks AND the ROX on my bike. The combo was needed for my gorilla arms and the need to be riding standing up on some of the unimproved roads in Alaska!

Attachments

#14 ·
X2 for the Rox Risers. They allow for a multitude of adjustments and can be found for a decent price IF you look around. I've got the Motowerks AND the ROX on my bike. The combo was needed for my gorilla arms and the need to be riding standing up on some of the unimproved roads in Alaska!
Did anyone call for Ape Hangers? I couldn't imagine any difficult situation handled with these except complete wipe outs. They are popular in CA (on sunny Saturdays only, usually.) Note the cool helmets if they do go down on their $30K bikes.
:grin2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.